Krak grenades need a shorter fuse

Krak grenades are great, I love em. The only problem is that they’re not very responsive, there is a big delay after impact before they explode and this causes issues. You can’t use krak grenades effectively in close combat because anything you stick will still have time to get up in your face or continue shooting at you. Furthermore even if a krak is a guaranteed kill against ogryns the time it takes for the fuse to burn down causes your teammates to waste time and ammo engaging the same target.

I have some ideas for improvements:

1. Shorten the fuse so that the grenade explodes sooner after it sticks, at least by half, maybe more.

2. Add some kind of visual cue so that teammates can better understand that a target has been stuck by a grenade. You could take a page out of the Rumbler’s book by adding a smoke trail or a blinking red light or something.

3. Targets stuck directly by a krak could go into a “panic” animation where they try to shake the grenade off, this provides a bit of extra utility and also displays to the entire party what is going on.

8 Likes

Krak grenades are probably fine. It’s just that the level of power creep we have atm makes them seem much worse. They should stand out more once the nerfs start dropping.

Though I would like if they could stick to mutants.

The damage of the grenade is great, it’s just the fuse length that bothers me really. Would also be nice if they stuck to monsters, especially the plague ogryn because it has a big metal smokestack on its back.

2 Likes

And the fuse length feels bad because everyone is scything through bulwarks and crushers like wheat. Which hopefully should not become the new normal.

Plus they do stick to monsters. It says they stick to unyielding enemies like monsters, bulwarks, and reapers.

2 Likes

Oh I mean stick as in stick from a distance, like they do to ogryns and maulers. It’s not a big deal but it would make the grenade dupe talent less fustrating to use. Whenever I proc a free grenade my throw splits into a V shape that often misses the target, even monster sized targets.

try timing ur grenade, imo its the game mechanics.

i agree with the visual improvement.

I support tamren.

It also needs a quicker throw…

1 Like

time them how? you can’t cook grenades in DT and the timer starts once it’s adhered.
OP is right, the fuse is too long.

1 Like

And they actually will kill it faster than krak explode

1 Like

Also could use a bit less damage falloff.

Probably the Krak should immediately explode on magnetization to an enemy because currently, if there are a bunch of shields + Crushers you throw it at one and it will be left behind due to the stagger and it becomes a single target removal.

It would be great if it dealt some heavy damage in the small area it has. Currently, frag is better against 2+ shields and doesn’t have much less boss damage.

Using it is super fun, I just don’t feel the impact that much.

1 Like

I’d love it if the Krak’s exploded instantly, or near instantly, when stuck to a target.
Feels so bad sticking a grenade on an enemy only for them to die to the combined firepower of your squad before it detonates.

1 Like

its like flashbang in csgo, throw and wait

Mutants are made of absolute tissue paper this update. It’s getting easier to list the melee weapons that can’t one shot them than the ones that can’t at this point. Why would you waste a krak grenade on that?

cuz funni

I also save all of my rocks for mutants too.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.