KNOWN ISSUE: Voice Changes

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
While in mission and when using the Psyker Rebreather head cosmetic ( from the real money cosmetic shop) everyone’s voice becomes very quiet, more so the Psyker than anyone else.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Equip Rebreather head cosmetic in Hub.
  2. Enter mission.
  3. Psyker voice becomes very quiet, others seem quieter too.
  4. Equip other head cosmetic ( that isn’t the Rebreather) in Hub.
  5. Enter mission.
  6. Voices now have normal volume/correct audio.

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam.

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]
[Steam Community :: IT'S A TRAP!]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/30/2022, 8:00PM] [GMT+1]

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-30-18.04.55-774d61b6-f0ed-4041-a675-ec19bfdf744f.log (42.5 KB)
console-2022-11-30-18.15.59-39cb147e-50cc-4a33-8c34-5073da4478b1.log (157.6 KB)
console-2022-11-30-18.42.36-360c125e-94e7-49b0-8086-ba26d3fc9f48.log (753.9 KB)
console-2022-11-30-20.40.31-d9d319e2-bf9a-4bbc-b775-838d15b61eb6.log (583.1 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (1007.8 KB)

1 Like

Issue Description: During the Beta, I selected the ex-Astra Militarum voice for my Ogryn, I believe it was called the Bodyguard? Now my Ogryn has a much deeper voice, and I’d like to switch it back to the original.

Steps to Reproduce: No idea, honestly. Ogryn just sounds different.

Platform: Steam

Player ID: LordOph

[11/30/2022, 05:00PM] [CDT]

Reproduction Rate: 100%?

console-2022-11-30-21.58.49-bd65d810-31b7-4394-bdb5-859afa3ee907.log (460.3 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (291.8 KB)

If possible, could you switch the Ogryn’s voice back? Should be named Hork. Thank you!

same happened to me. i didn’t know it was the helmet.

I should note that beside the obvious glitch of the Beta Company Flak Helm (XXXXXL) causing a gasmask muffled filter, probably inherited from a sloppy copy/paste job off another helm to be candid, there’s two additional issues, bug and feedback wise;

one, not all of The Bodyguard’s lines are properly filtered by said gas mask muffling. Some spoken lines are clear, some swing lines are clear, while most are muffled. That’ll be an issue on the gas mask where the lines ARE supposed to muffle.

Two, the muffling itself is bad. It’s too heavily garbled, almost to where you might not understand dialogue without subtitles, and has a Darth Vader-ish deepening effect that isn’t necessary. The voice actors can be barely recognizable. It’s kind of like slamming the voice pitch and disruption all the way to one side in, say, Soul Calibur’s create-a-character. You get silly results.

Take another pass at the filters you’re using for all characters/cosmetics, and probably split the effects up based on mask/helmet type; a balaclava or a simple gas mask muffles the character, the latter moreso and the former maybe hardly muffling at all, while a more advanced rebreather or full helmet will have a vox-type filter without muffling. Muffle+speaker filter at the same time doesn’t make much sense to begin with. Organize and tag these filters in your audiolab/database appropriately and explicitly, likely with use-case descriptions to avoid a similar snafu in the future.

My psyker started babbling about his beloved since release.
Id like to change that.

I thought this happened to my Ogryn.

Turns out, the beta helm I immediately equipped comes with a “I’m wearing a mask” filter for some reason?

This may be the source of many people’s issues.

Brawler voice that says “Sah!”?

Did you equip the beta helmet?

Try removing it if so.

The voice of the Ogryn is distored with the helmet from beta but not the rebreather mask

Can confirm. As much as it’s been amusing feeling like there’s a dodgy PA system hounding us the whole time, this should probably be fixed.

Issue Description:
Ogryn Beta Helmet makes Ogryn sounds like he has a gasmask infront of his face. Note, only his speech, all the laughs and chuckling during melee does not have gasmask sounds

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Take Beta Company Flak Helm (XXXXXL) as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Play any mission
  3. Wonder why your Ogryn sounds so muffled

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[My Steam Page]

[12/01/2022, 10:06 AM] [GMT+2]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

PLEASE POST CRASHES AND ERRORS IN THE ‘TECHNICAL SUPPORT’ CATEGORY INSTEAD

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:

The voice changer appears to be bound to the armor, not the face mask.
(I want to wear the armor without the voice being changed)

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

Equip stuff except mask, go ingame so character talks to others.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam

Issue Description:
Using the beta helmet on the Ogryn and Zealot treats it like a full helmet and modulates the characters voice to sound likes its coming out of a radio

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Put on beta helmet on Ogryn
  2. Play a voice line using ping system or such

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
VermilionCosmos

11/30/22 6:33PM EST

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Yes, both me and my best friend Ogryn Character got their voice changed away from what it was.

Just replying to my own post in regards to this bug as the other ones seemed to have been fixed as of patch 1.0.14 where as the Psyker one hasn’t @FatsharkJulia To add to it as well, I can replicate the bug in The Meat Grinder as well by just changing from the Demios Rebreather to any other head cosmetic.