KNOWN ISSUE: Enemies Not Spawning During End of Level Events

We are aware of a current issue causing enemy hordes/waves to not spawn correctly during levels - most commonly during end of level events.

UPDATE 3:

UPDATE 2:

UPDATE 1:

We are investigating, though it’s proving tricky for us to reproduce.

It would be extremely helpful to take a look at any console logs from players that encounter this issue when they are the host .
https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360017633918–PC-How-to-Provide-a-Crash-Report-Console-Log-Launcher-Log-or-user-settings-config

Thanks in advance!

We will be merging any existing posts relating to this issue here, to help us monitor the situation.

We came to the end event and used the door, sorcerer started casting his flies but no creepspawn startet, nor did the boss in the event spawen and the door also didnt open after a time.
we where locked in that room and couldnt´finish the map.

we hat the skull with us.

Dont know if it is reproducable.

Happend on Steam

1.11.23 after the hotfix

Hi @Sulshim,

We’ll check this out.

Could you please also provide your console log from the session this issue occurred?

Thank you!

i would but i dont own googel drive or dropbox or stuff like that and i dont want to create a accout. i could provide it as text in a private message but for that it is to long.

solutions?

No worries! If possible, can you send me the log through Discord? (Add lev_j)

I did send you something, hope it works

So, quite a weird bug happened today in Citadel of Eternity (on the PC platform). When you reach the last map and reach the last event (with two guaranteed bosses where the door needs to open after x time), the game softlocks, nothing but specials spawn, the level doesn’t end after some amount of time.

We tried to migrate the host (if you kill the game through task manager it will migrate the host without losing the Chaos Wastes map and item progression), tried the last level again, some spawns appeared, it all halted anyway, the level soflocked.

We migrated the host yet another time, and for the third time spawns were working, the two guaranteed bosses appeared, we killed them (we tried to kill them slowly this time around), but after the last boss died the game still softlocked, the door didn’t open, specials started occasionally spawning but the level softlocked anyway.

I don’t have a footage of this nor do i know what actually causes it, but my only guess it’s necromancer messing up the scripts or the AI director once again, as i was playing one. I tried to consume them with R, others tried to kill me off from the map entirely and it didn’t fix much.

My suspicion is that you shouldn’t spawn skeletons on the last event at all, but i wasn’t able to test or reproduce it.

1 Like

Seems to be happening on several of the other timed events as well. Happened to us with Necro too. Killing the skeletons or the Necro itself didn’t seem to help.

Unsure if retrying the map without Necro would get it to work. But I was trying for the Necro challenges so… /shrug.

Hi both,

We’re currently investigating this issue. It would be extremely helpful if you can provide your console log(s) from a session this has occurred. Ideally, we’re needing to see logs of this happening from a player that is a host.

Thank you in advance!

Issue Description:
At the end of Blood in Darkness during “Survive” No enemies spawned.
During Garden of Morr destroying the chains DO NOT spawn enemies unless its 1 footman

Steps to Reproduce:
Play the game

Map Name (If Applicable):
Blood in Darkness
Garden of Morr
Platform:
[Steam/Xbox/PlayStation]
Steam
Player ID:
Bunny | Potato Aim

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
20:30-20:50 Blood in Darkness
20:52-21:14 Garden of Morr
Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2023-11-02-00.29.21-7a5d6b1e-1bee-4c58-af02-18d7e1fbddfd.log (1.7 MB)

Upload user_settings.config:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2
  4. Locate the user_settings.config in this directory
  5. Upload here
    user_settings.config (63.3 KB)
2 Likes

I can confirm (at the very least) Blood in the Darkness, except Enemies spawned and I was stuck in an endless “Survive”. First encountered it as a Grail Knight Kruber (twice) and revisited it as an Engineer Bardin.

Tonight I encountered this during some “Survive!” events in the Chaos Wastes.

I thought that there used to be a failsafe timer in place for that style of event?

This seems to be happening across all maps. Specially noticeable on Chaos Wastes as several events don’t have a timed failsafe and you just get softlocked.

Does not seem to be Necro related. We tried migrating hosts and redoing the level without summoning a single skeleton and we still got softlocked at the gore-dome.

Hi all,

We’re currently investigating this issue. It would be extremely helpful if you can provide your console log(s) from a session this has occurred. Ideally, we’re needing to see logs of this happening from a player that is a host.

Thank you in advance!

Issue Description:

It is impossible to progress through certain sections such as Gore Dome and the Arena of Determination as the game will not unlock the next area
Steps to Reproduce:
Just playing through level

Map Name (If Applicable):
Gore Dome, Arena of Determination
Platform:
[Steam/Xbox/PlayStation]
Steam
Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
6PM MST

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
75%

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload user_settings.config:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2
  4. Locate the user_settings.config in this directory
  5. Upload here
1 Like

Hi @PonPon,

Thanks for the report!

We’re currently investigating this issue. It would be extremely helpful if you can provide your console log(s) from a session this has occurred. Ideally, we’re needing to see logs of this happening when you are the host.

Thanks in advance!

It’s possible that this issue could be mod-related. Anyone who has encountered this issue -

• Are you using any mods?
  • If so, which mods are you using?
  • Please try disabling your mods. Does the issue persist after?

Also, any host console logs that can please be provided would still be very useful. Thanks!

The list of Official mods I was running
Name - Creator

• Vermintide Mod Framework - blblbl(rus)
  • Numeric UI - Necrossin
  • Skip Intro - blblbl(rus)
  • Needii - Tomoko
  • Bestiary - Fractility

I disabled all of my mods on official realm & hosted 2 Blood in Darkness runs. Both times the mobs spawned & the second time I was able to beat the level! Later I will be turning on some of the mods to see which is causing the glitch!

I’m posting the host console logs just incase you want to cross-reference with my last one.
console-2023-11-02-15.14.30-12bfabac-5c12-4352-85ed-bf1ea3d3a737.log (1.5 MB)

Much appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like