Issues on ultrawide resolution 5120x1440, 32:9

Issue Description:

All issues arise on a 5120x1440, 32:9 Samsung G9 Odyssey ultrawide monitor:

1. Cutscenes are zoomed in, cutting off the top and bottom. Would recommend changing to normal 16:9 ratio with black bars on either side or rendering the entire scene in 32:9.

2. UI on the data interrogator is squished horizontally. Not gamebreaking but slightly annoying.

3. Eviscerator chainsword model clips into camera while sprinting, showing the “inside” of the sword.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play the game as any character
  2. Encounter cutscene/data interrogator mission/eviscerator sword
  3. Issues arise as described above

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Vyrus - Steam Community :: Vyrus

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[22/11/2022, 01:21] [CET]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

console-2022-11-21-23.48.53-82c01b1f-35e2-4fab-be3d-a07152dad3e6.log (120.1 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (77.2 KB)

5 Likes

Same thing with its smaller sibling, the Samsung LC49HG90 32:9 Ultrawide (3840x1080px)

Same, can confirm. I think it would be great to have the eviscerator clipping fixed, the rest is anecdotal.

+1 I am having the same issues

On top of that there should be some sort of UI adjustment.
Cyberpunk 2077 is now a prime example for Ultrawide. It allows Adjustment for the UI.
I would wish at least the UI could be set to 16:9 if I choose so.

I prefer my UI centered even on Ultrawide so my Information is not that far out.

(PC) You can use the Custom Hud mod to move stuff around as you see fit, a must for UWs.

I’ve got a 3440 x 1440 widescreen, I didn’t notice any issues with cutscenes at this resolution but I might note that the default location of the chat box is so far over to the left that it’s easy to miss chats during missions. Custom Hud is definitely a must.

Just think such a feature should be native.
Despite that me playing via Proton it is a pain in the butt to set everything up that is not native.
Possible but complicated. But thanks for this Info. I did not know this mod existed.

1 Like

The more “wide” your resolution is the more cutoff they are.
I have 5120x1440 and I really notice it. I have a Samsung Odyssey G9.
Most cutscenes are cut at the eyeline.

A easy workaround would be that cutscenes are a forced aspect ratio which I would prefer over any cut in the video.

I wanna bump this as a user with 16:9, with the most recent updates/hotfix, the launcher window is… well, entirely off:

and there is an extremely minor alignment/formatting issue within Melk’s contract list (time left at the bottom is squished in there):

Just to show normal formatting, same exact session, even the same vendor, just everything’s showing up correctly aligned:

I run a standard 16:9 4k display (3840x2160) for my deskto with the display scaled up to 175%, the game itself I run at 2560x1440. This hasn’t caused any issues before this patch, and, after adjusting the display scaling and re-launching the game, it still has the same formatting/alignment issues (both in-game and in-launcher). I’ve even uninstalled the game and re-installed, still shows up this way.

Does overriding the High DPI Compatibility settings for the launcher and game exes do anything for you?

No arguments here, the pre-mod days were less useful on UW
Most games at the very least have a “HUD Safe Zone” bounding rectangle setting, and UW stuff like this has been standard for a long time.

1 Like

As I indicated… the scaling isn’t what’s causing the problem. I included it and indicated that I’d already attempted adjustments specifically to eliminate citing this as an issue.

No settings within the High DPI options has functioned to clear the issues with the launcher (or in-game, for that matter).

I highly recommend launcher skip if you do not care about the launcher.
This was the first modification I got. It is essentially a launcher replacement which skips this launcher.

Also found on Nexusmods

Cheers! Yeah, it’s exceptionally minor… to the degree that I’m not concerned, it’s just an issue I’ve noticed pop up with the updates.

I’ll continue to leave my game unmodified unless something really improves the experience.