How to turn off material looting ingame popup?

Because I don’t care that Dickbot found large Plasteel

1 Like

They essentially copied a mod.
But the mod makes it quite easy to ignore.
This is gonna be intrusive really fast.
Overcorrection is never a good thing

3 Likes

Yeah I have no clue why they did that. This whole material treasure hunt is already obnoxious enough as it is, making people split off and run everywhere to loot first while they should stick together. I don’t understand why they had to add this huge indicator (bigger than elites and specials kills feed !) with a sound effect

1 Like

It’s obnoxious but it does give great incentive to people to run around and actually look at the level :rofl:

1 Like

All aboard more psy tricks:

4 Likes

There’s a mod now to turn it off Loot Notification Tweaker at Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Nexus - Mods and community

3 Likes

It’s a useful feature because it lets me know who has already covered what ground so that we don’t miss any supplies as a team.

The noise is extremely annoying though, they should just remove it.

1 Like

Smaller popup, no noise, yes

Kinda useful i agree, just super intrusive as is

1 Like

This might be the reason why I will have to install mods.

Because it was implemented so badly that it was worse than the original mod for it, they had to make a mod to turn it off. Ahahahahah

1 Like

Yeah I like the counter on the map info, this alert was stupid and unneeded. Its especially annoying when you come across those caches of 3 mat pick ups and have to bombard everyone with notifications like Hadron rerolling your perks. Really starting to wonder about these game system changes.

It pairs with the Scoreboard mod which has other notifications, like much less intrusive mat pickups (handy)

The design philosophy behind all of this is actually quite funny… Like you have an option to deactivate the super duper useful sound letting you know you’re about to get backstabbed but the notification you get when your mom finds a large di…amantine oh noes this is really important piece of information right there we can’t let you remove it from your screen except if you go get a specific Nexus mod. Reeeeeeaaaaal nice Fatshark, reeeeeeaaaal niiiiiiice

2 Likes

I actually like it but should definitely be a little smaller. And it’d be cool if they would include grimoire & scripture notifications too.

The devs are apparently “looking into” adding a way to turn the sound off.

What the hell is going on at FS that this is something that needs to be “looked into” before a fix is pushed out? Nobody thought that a sound alert that plays every time anyone on the team picks up loot might get annoying? This is another one of those stupid little oversights that makes me think any sort of competent management or quality control is just completely out the window.

2 Likes

I work in product. Its literally my job to review feature adds like this before they get released and go
“Wow this sucks” or “great job”

I cannot fathom, except that they don’t play their own game, how this went out the door. The scoreboard mod already had a perfectly solid implementation of this feature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.