How to fix Darktide's #1 Problem: Gear Progression

Here, read the words… limited choices.

Bad system… I don’t want such system. I want a crafting system.

Absolute no… I prefer> a crafting system. And for that, we need to get grey / green / blue weapons.

My god! Worst idea ever.

And I must thank you?
I don’t want to get maximized weapons, I want to be able to play different template and different weapons… and to have the possibility to use different blessing combination.

I don’t play counter strike.

Here I agree, I have already suggested this. And it was implemented it VT2.

Final word. I have said what I have to say. You think your vision is the best. I think the contrary. I also think that I want FS to fix the current game. I don’t ask them to change what we have.

I just want they had crafting and fix thr RNG.

1 Like

Yes. Limited choices while leveling.
Unlimited choices after leveling.

Yes. From the hourly store. The hourly store already sells grey to blue quality and i did not suggest to change that.

The daily store where you spend your weekly tokens, already only sells purple and orange items. I also did not suggest to change that. What i suggested is, that the items from the daily store are somewhat in line with the power of the items you already have (since the daily store requires you to grind weekly quests).

What the hell are you on about?

I suggested a crafting system that uses the same resources we already have + a token you gain from mission completion.
It does everything that you want, and more, which is fine, since you can simply choose to not do anything more than what you want.

It IS a crafting system.
Unless you want to actually completely craft the item itself from the ground up. But that would be contradictory to your own statement in the previous quote, where you say that
“I prefer> a crafting system. And for that, we need to get grey / green / blue weapons.”
So apparently, you do want to get weapons from a vendor (or mission rewards) and then improve upon them, which is exactly what i am suggesting.

You want to get everything unlocked by playing on difficulty 1?
Because that is what you get if there is no power, gated by difficulty.

Great. Then do not maximize your weapons. Nobody forces you to do it, if it is an option. But you would be allowed to do it, if you wanted to.
The time i gave is for MAXIMIZING an item (as explained in the OP).
Getting a 380 with the perks and blessings you want, would be 100% guaranteed and take you maybe 3 hrs.
Currently, that would take weeks or months of simply waiting to get lucky + farming hours and hours of resources to upgrade items to then throw them in the garbage.
You would be able to swap a blessing to a different blessing any time you want, and all you need to do, would be to clear a single diff 3 mission to get all resources to do so.

Neither do i. What is your point?

It is fine if you have valid reasons to disagree with me, but if you read carefully, you will notice that most of the reasons you gave for disagreeing with me make absolutely no sense. It honestly seems like you misunderstood at least half of what i said in the OP as well as in my later posts.
On top of that, you claim that i am suggesting to change around all the systems completely, while in reality, i am suggesting small (in some cases no) changes to the existing systems and working with them, and you are asking to completely change the way they are (at least that is how i understood it).

1 Like

Dt #1 problem is game state: stability, performance on client and server side and most important “open beta” state.

2 Likes

i find it funny, beside the power through higher difficulties you both want the same and anyway disagree with each other :smiley:
Like i said: you want it this way, another wants it another way and i dont know a game everyone is happy with the progression systems it has.
All it causes is fuss, even among the people who generally agree with each other.

I cannot imagine the let us craft the wepaons we want easily. Not in 3 and not even in 300 hours.
I’m 450hrs in and refuse to use a browser app and i check the shop almost everytime i’m online - but sometimes just forget about it as it to 99% has nothing worthy.

If i “progress” at this rate i will have a 380 BR T4 blessed weapon i like in about 5000 hours :smiley:

2 Likes

To say it in my own words

2 Likes

Hence me wondering why the guy keeps saying that i want certain things that i never said, and that i do not want things, which i did say.
It does appear as if they did not read what i wrote (or did not understand it).

Well, let us hope that they will let us.
And that we will not have to continue this pityful way of “grinding” for our gear, by checking a website in our browser. :smiley:

Eh. You are not THAT lucky.
I think the fastest and most reliable way to such an item might be to play the lottery, hoping to win, so that you can buy the company and give yourself the item.

2 Likes

I can’t either… and tbh I don’t want it.

You change the way the system works. By allowing maximizing weapons, by giving token related to difficulty etc.
We strongly disagree on the main interest. I don’t know how I can say it to you.
I don’t care that we don’t get maxed weapons, I don’t even want that. Cause it is incitative to be able to get a better weapon.
I don’t want any other limitations, we already have a progression system good enough.
If I want identical weapons between all players, I play CS.

As I said, numerous times, I think the system is good enough. The crafting system they described is good enough. RNG, due to the shops system needs to be adjusted. The way to do it is up to FS. However, the main goal should be to be able to get interesting weapons even without logging every hour. Merk shop, emperor’s gift need to be more rewarding.
Contract system need to be changed, in my opinion and remove the “get all or nothing”. Also Merk’s weapons are really bad.

So, it can shock you, but the crafting system they described is enough good for me. A simple refresh of the shop after a mission would be sufficient for me. Off course you could do level 1 difficulty mission… but hey… you can do an heresy mission in less than 20 minutes (off course you need people that know what they have to do). That’s up to you if you want chaining level 1 difficulty missions.

Like said Luv_Fat_n_Sharks, they need to work on stability. So I would really prefer that they deliver what was planned for crafting, that they put a minor change like a possiibility to refresh the shop (by using ordos, by completing a mission or anything else), that they tweak a little Merk shop and emperor’s gift and that they fix the damn game. RTX doesn’t work, it crashes the game. There are lot of crashes and disconnections. This is something that really need the attention of the devs.

1 Like

tbh i wouldnt mind that, but yeah thats just me i guess

i know i know, life is hard :smiley:

I’d make a Sea of Thieves + Mortal Online 2 + Darktide Game.
That are the games i played the thousands and in case of DT already hundreds of hours the last years.
Full loot open PvEvP Sandbox Game with horizontal Progression and PvP avoidable if you play smart and have good awarness.
People who dont want to PvP can avoid it by playing smart and beat the PvPers while literally “running” away. All in a seamless singleshard openworld sandbox in the grimdark Universe of WH40k with all or lets say most of its factions for massive PvE Events, PvP Battles and what not.
This game will maybe come when i’m 80 and not beeing able to play anymore :smiley:

i fully agree on that!

1 Like

Yes. My suggestions regarding changes to the crafting system, obviously do include changes to the crafting system that was originally planned.
But no changes to any other system, rly.
Except

• valuable items from the weekly token vendor, appropriate to your current power level
  • crafting resources from dismantling

Those things are some of my suggestions in the OP.
Although i did not mention changes that should be made to the weekly tasks themselves, and i agree with the suggestion that you made regarding weekly tasks.

If that is all you want, fine.
I do not like such systems because they are RNG heavy and do not actually reward you for playing (also, FS promised a system with little RNG).

1 Like

Exciting news, guys.
Let us hope we get something good.

How about allowing players to convert tokens at a rate of something like 5:1 to 3:1 into the next higher tier?
That would allow everyone to get the full progression, but it would still give an advantage to players who play on higher difficulty, by reducing the time requirement.
5:1 would be a bigger advantage for players who have the skill to beat higher difficulty, but would also incentivise people to play at a difficulty beyond their skill level.
3:1 would be a ratio, where people would only be incentivised to play on a higher difficulty, when their mission success rate is at around 40%.

Not sure why i didn’t think of that right away.
Thanks for your input. I added this to the OP.

I think something along those lines is the right way to go. It doesn’t even need a conversion rate, it can just be a single currency that you gain faster when you play on higher difficulties and has exponential cost for upgrades.

Maybe they could even just leverage existing systems and use XP or some kind of crafting resource.

1 Like

Please reduce the insane grind fatshark ffs.

1 Like

Well apparently all of our ideas were for nothing, guys.
More RNG it is.

Good luck and have fun @people who will still keep playing after that insulting announcement about the future of gear in this game.

4 Likes

Oh, I’m sure they will. And also will insult anyone who prefers not having to wait on hourly refresh for rerolls of weapon types, stats, perks, and blessings with “why does having extra 1% matter so much to you???” failing to understand that the inverse of that statement is also true. Why does someone else having an extra 1% matter so much to them?

I dunno man, I feel like as time goes on, the proportion of people on this forum gradually shifts from “people stoically following to see if the game improves” to “absolutely unhinged defenders of the game looking to argue” as people stop playing. Maybe in a year from now?