Hitscan guns aren't hitting when they should be

Issue Summary:
Hitscan ranged weapons aren’t landing shots they should be.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Shoot at enemy.

Reproduction Rate (Choose One):
Common (50%)

Additional Information:

This has been a problem since release and even documented by the community here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/8fjehn/bullet_hitbox_is_much_worse_than_boltarrows_image/

I decided to try Huntsman again since I got a red handgun and I was pretty consistently missing shots that are clearly dead-on. Then I remembered a post about hitscan weapon issues and found that reddit post. Testing on the dummy has produced the same results the reddit post displayed. It is so frustrating to be a sitting duck, not moving, zoomed in all the way, lining up a shot, then miss and have to go through a lengthy reload animation. Just turn the hitscan weapons into projectiles that fire at the speed of light or something. No wonder Huntsman and Kruber in general is my least played class/character.

3 Likes

Thank you! I went nearly insane about that! I started to think i really suck at aiming.

“Stray Slaverat, I headshot it for ammo.”
“Steady…steeeady…steeeaaady.”
BOOM
“What the…”

I’ve also had this happen consistently. I got a red handgun and wanted so badly to use it, but I feel like I have a 50/50 chance of hitting anything even when I’m point blank

Started to think i totally misunderstood Skaven anatomy.
“Must have been the neck.”
“Did I just scratched the helmet?”
“Maybe they don’t even use their head…Gotta ask Victor about that in his cellar.”

Having the same issue, nearly 50/50 chance of hitscan not hitting things at all, and definitely missing headshots I’ve clearly landed. Also have a tendency to have projectiles, mainly crossbow bolts, pass clear through enemies’ heads.

1 Like

I stopped using the handgun for the same reason

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.