Hit Registration Errors

Shadowplay does not work in your game even in Fullscreen for me so I don’t have visual evidence, but simply play on your own servers maybe with some simulated lag through a VPN.

I will update this with footage if I get shadowplay working.

Relevant description for recreation of bug mentioned

Use any Kantreal Lasgun series maybe MG XII so you really have to notice every shot not hitting since it’s relatively low fire rate, and you’ll see that you can get headshot sounds and see the hot spot where the laser hit glowing on their head, but no damage or hit marker appears. This happens most on enemies peeking out of cover, or moving into cover though I’m certain I’ve gotten a lot of no regs on Pox Hounds so it might be tick related.

Haven’t had any reg errors on any large slow targets for whatever that’s worth as more evidence towards the tick rate.

I have not gotten any registration errors in the Psykhanium which I’m assuming is because everything is client side in there.

While I do believe this is low priority with all the other issues the game is currently afflicted you will certainly get more (and more) complaints when people start using the slower firing weapons (or when more are patched into the game), and potentially run ending moments where you can see a bullet land on a special get the headshot sound but not hitmarker and then your cortisol levels rise rapidly.

Client side hit reg would be the most optimal solution.

1 Like