Handmaiden Buff idea's

Ah Ariel’s Benison… It has been almost how long… year and a half since I first pointed out that this passive is useless and does not work. FS said that they are aware of it and are working on reworking the passive completely (about a year ago).

2 Likes

After playing a few more rounds of handmaiden, i can definitly agree that she doesn’t need a “buff”. Waystalker and Shade need a nerf, not handmaiden.

However i wouldn’t say a 50% damage reduction on a 15 second cooldown is insane. you loose out on the extra 30% block cost reduction, and taking a overhead will still do a large amount of damage. It just wont insta down you

2 Likes

she needs more stamina block shields and the aure needs to be broader and wider and protect from damage, like footknight
and the ult skill should do more damage or stun enemies longer

spear+shield should do more damage, hit more enemies, better accuracy to hit armoreds’ heads

and a new weapon would be awesome: normal shield+sword and shield+axe

It’s really just a weaker version of IB passive, on a class that already has a whole heap of other survivability, it’s definitely pretty insanely strong. Assuming you aren’t eating hits constantly it would give her better damage resist than pretty much every other class when she’s already insanely hard to pin down, let alone actually kill.

It would be particularly strong when you start to factor in stuff like barkskin, meaning the damage you take on her would pretty much always be massively reduced.

At least we can agree that it’s shade and WS making her look weak rather than anything wrong with her kit lol

1 Like

Calling someone out like that and tossing in “loser” is strictly against community guidelines, my dude. Reign it in and, while you’re at it, provide some logic and reasoning to backup the only bit of your post that was related to the thread by extension of comparing capabilities:

EDIT: Your edit improved little, Quickkill. Saying everyone is a circlejerking loser is going one step further than just calling them a loser. It’s rude and inappropriate. Move on.

I’m of the opinion that Handmaiden is an absolute monster despite her not shining quite as bright as Kerillian’s other careers. Admittedly, lots of folks are more experienced than I am with the career but I found that I was crushing Legend games with her, no problems. I think I’d throw my hat in with @KaelusVonSestiaf and @LordGiggles in saying that Handmaiden doesn’t really need a numbers-improvement, but a few small tweaks to unique features in her kit that allow her to be team-protection defining. If that takes the form of an aura improvement or the revive change, both or either could be great for improving her potency on the team.

Handmaiden Survivability

@ArkBlanc I found, more often than not, I never took damage on Handmaiden unless it was a small mistake during map progression as opposed to during a horde/patrol. Admittedly, I was wielding Spear & Shield so I had nigh infinite stamina shields, but I still do a lot of damage in most games and, if you swap to just Spear, you have colossal damage output for 0 risk due to dodge-distance and the reach of your weapon. I think she’s as survivable as it comes; there’s no such thing as “a bad situation” for Handmaiden because she can always reposition or dash to an advantageous position to win the fight from, while Iron-Breaker or Knight Kruber have no dodge capabilities with their shields and, if they don’t position well, swiftly find themselves pinned with only a long cool-down active ability to safe themselves.

Essentially, I believe she’s hyper survivable but what you’re receiving in mobility and impermeability (stamina) you are paying for with health and damage reduction. If Handmaiden had any more survivability outside of tweaks to her present abilities, she’d be hands-down better than all of the other front-liners.

To be clear: I’m a more average player in that I don’t like playing on Cataclysm so lots of players at my level of play don’t know how to use Kruber Knight Greatsword to solo a Chaos-Spawn + Chaos Patrol + 11 Specials + 3 Hordes solo without taking a hit (me included)… most people don’t position well enough to not get pinned every so often, but Handmaiden can’t get pinned. That’s her claim to fame. All IMHO, of course :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lol settle down dude, I mostly play WHC and WS when I get the chance anyway.
I’ve got no idea why you’re being so aggressive over nothing

1 Like

Handmaiden is beautifully balanced. A good generalist plus survival niche. The main decision is ‘dodge-through-enemies’ vs ‘attack-speed-on-dodge’, which means low damage and invincibility vs good damage and good survivability. Both are fun and feel great, but currently I think the higher dps is more useful in most games, since dash is up fast for escapes. Dodge through enemies is unbelievably powerful though.

The only really necessary change is to the 15% power after time talent, as others mentioned. Improving the revive passive would be good too; I can’t tell that it has any effect as-is.

1 Like

Stop it, and please get some help.

3 Likes

As per my prior post

Handmaiden should be tweaked but not buffed, Shade and Waystalker shine brighter and may need a nerf, but I’m not the most experienced voice to say so. At this point, I actually agree that they shouldn’t be until some other things are settled.

Running away is literally how you win at Vermintide. You ever tried just standing still and tanking a horde? You’d have to be absolutely daft to not see the merits of mobility.

Where did I say I care about green circles? More over, it would take a truly legendary internet troll from the deepest chasm beneath the largest bridge to actually believe it’s a solid argument to say, “Git gud, nerd.” Help me help you argue by putting forth some effort into your statements or by putting down the torch and walking away, my guy.

3 Likes