Grimoires not spawning on Comms Plex/The Signal map

PLEASE POST CRASHES AND ERRORS IN THE ‘TECHNICAL SUPPORT’ CATEGORY INSTEAD

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Grimoires are not spawning on the Comms Plex “The Signal” map. This has happened both times I have seen the secondary condition. Both times were “Low Intensity” Malice, so I am uncertain if that is a factor.
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play Comms Plex “The Signal” map.
  2. Try to find Grimoires.
  3. Find none.
  4. Lament failure.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Vaneheart

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
01/01/2023 9:20 PM PST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant / 100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:
See below.

Upload Console Log:
console-2023-01-02-05.28.12-2ec34dd5-f59d-4dd8-b845-3d0d1216f339.log (182.8 KB)
console-2023-01-02-03.52.38-7f73c9f5-00bd-43e5-8409-b04a3ab50512.log (577.1 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (427.6 KB)

Thank you for your report! Most likely however, you were just unlucky and didn’t come across any, so marking this as not a bug. However, we’ll keep an eye on similar reports in case there’s something else going on. Internal data and stats seems to suggest that side objectives are working correctly in this map, though, rest assured.

Hi Quickpaw,

I was in the cryo rod map earlier with 4 people all going crazy looking for them, nothing. Other people in the group expressed the same sentiments that sometimes they just aren’t on the map.

Perhaps we all just missed them. Certainly a possibility. But the amount of times that has happened makes me doubt it. Especially with them spawning in outright unreachable locations on some maps.

Maybe drifting here from bug report to suggestion. It would be awesome if on scrip/grim maps we could use the auspec(gameboy radar thing used for analyzing if I have the name wrong) to locate them. That would keep it randomized and leave some of the dynamic nature of it in play, but reduce player frustration from having to search every corner and add an extra 10 minutes or so to mission times. Would also cut down on the player’s ability to say they aren’t there :wink:

True that, and this potential issue has come up a few times now. A couple of weeks ago I asked developers to investigate and everything looked fine, and I asked again for this report - specifically about this map - and everything seemed okay.

That indeed does sound like an idea! My best suggestion is to make a thread in Gameplay Feedback, that’s where it has the best chance to be seen by the appropriate eyes :slight_smile: