Getting a Minotaur in Against the Grain

I hope this is in the right place as there isn’t any sub-forum labelled as “General Discussion”.

So I am looking at getting the challenge to kill a minotaur under the oak in “Against the Grain”. And I feel that I need to ask if there’s some trick to it or if its a waiting game of playing a game with Beastmen around the oak and then simply wait for the RNG to roll a Minotaur to send against me?

I got Beastmen around the oak today and waited for some 15 min or so there before I got unsure if a minotaur would eventually be spawned and moved on.

But I feel that I probably should ask and know if there’s point in camping there or if something else is required to get that minotaur.

2 Likes

It seems to be kinda RNG based.

Sometimes when you are on the …hills? Next to the road leading towards the apple orchard a boss will spawn.

Thus you´d have to get lucky with said boss being a Minotaur, then you´d have to be lucky enough that a patrol/heaps of enemies arent in the way so you can pull him up there.

2 Likes

you can do that challenge on weaves to and then its not rng at all because weaves have always same set of enemies

7 Likes

Thanks guys, I think I know how to proceed now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, note that boss enemies spawn on specific triggers. If you’re in a normal adventure map, they either will spawn at a certain point or they will not. So if you don’t get a Minotaur to appear when he get to the area of the map with the tree, then no amount of waiting is going to make it appear. :confused:

6 Likes

It’s RNG, or you could play twitch and just wait there till it rolls Minotaur spawn.

2 Likes

Play Weave 20.
Minotaur always spawn.
Completing the challenge is now possible easily (was fixed weeks ago following my report).

4 Likes

I am agree. I don’t like achievements that are too situational and not based on player’s skill.
While it is nice to sometimes stumble upon a rare situation such us offering a bovine blood to the gods under the tree, I prefer not to have an achievement that is not under player’s control

1 Like

But… it is. Since you can spawn a minotaur on weave 20…

Provided you want to touch that game mode, which I personally don’t.

Well, that’s your choice, there’s a non random way to get this achievement, and you purposefully choose not to use it. That’s kinda on you, not the game’s mistake there.

That is correct. But I care more about showing how much I despise the logic behind weaves than getting it easily.

I will translate that for other

"I’m to mad to find somebody who have unlocked it and do that challenge in less than 10 min and temper tantrum "

You would not earn your living as a translator then, but NVM.

1 Like

i have gotten it a bunch of times when you have twitch mode enabled

1 Like

Yeah ppl don’t pay for truth

As a fake news promoter, you’d get rich soon.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.