Game hangs after clicking play from launcher

Issue Description:

Whenever I click play from the launcher, it will build the cache, close the launcher and then…do nothing. No new windows open. There is no crash. There is no crash report. If I go to steam, it will say the game is running, and if I right click it in my library and close the app, it closes without issue. If I view task manager, it will show “Launcher for 'Warhammer 40’000: Darktide (8)” using very little cpu power. I can also close it from there without issue.

I have attempted what few suggestions I can find, such as making sure the app runs as administrator, deleting the appdata/roaming folders, etc. Nothing appears to work.

If I go into the Darktide folder and use the darktide.exe launcher directly from there in an attempt to bypass the launcher, the game will load up without issue, however, I am consistently encountering the Back End error after bypassing cut scenes. (I do not know if the two issues are related, but in regards to the Back End error, it looks like that’s something I’ll need to wait on, but I figure I would point out that is also happening).

Crash Report (If Applicable):
None.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
No errors given.

Steps to Reproduce:
Just clicking play from Launcher.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Steam ID: Harruq

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11/19/2022, 01:13PM EST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (66.6 KB)

We’re looking in to similar issues - I’ll add your report to our database.

1 Like

Thanks. I managed to play earlier in the day without issue, and had a ball. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

It’s been a week and two patches, and I still can’t play. I’ve seen other players occasionally report this same issue (was able to play, suddenly can’t) and never seen an answer. Any chance this is getting fixed soon, or perhaps someone figured it out and I just haven’t found it?

Hey, in case this helps: I’ve managed to solve the issue, and it was by going to the steam.exe (not the darktide.exe but just regular old steam) and setting it to run as administrator.