Game crashes on launch after 6th Anniversary update

Issue Type (Required):

Launcher

Issue Description (Required):

Launching the game after downloading the anniversary update either gets me to a black screen with the loading icon spinning or partially into the fatshark cinematic intro before crashing. There is no log file being generated for this type of crash. I have disabled my mods after asking someone else if they were having issues.
GUID: 6d303cc6-9a12-45ad-b046-cd2d62b16f10
Log File:
Info Type:

Steps to Reproduce (Required):

1. Launch Game
  2. Reach loading screen.
  3. Game crashes.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

Yes, and I’ve tried disabling them

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

PC - Steam

Player ID (Optional):

Sorry to hear this @M3rrick,

Based on the exit code 0xC0000005 in your logs, I suspect the issue is Easy Anti-Cheat related, and a possible conflict with your Anti-virus or Firewall.

Are you able to launch successfully in Modded realm? (chosen from the launcher options). I ask this, as EAC only applies to Official realm - so this can help us to determine if the issue is EAC-related.

If so, please try adding Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions for both Vermintide 2 and Easy Anti-Cheat. Please see:

I have added both vermintide 2 executable and the EAC executable to both my firewall exception list and my anti-virus exception list. I can launch the game into the modded realm fully. Launching into the official realm still causes a crash part way into the fatshark cinematic.

GUID: 1a1b46e6-bb86-41be-9820-133b16f3287f
Log File:
Info Type:

Thanks for the update! This definitely indicates an EAC-related issue.

Next, please try a ‘Selective Startup’, which can help determine if a background application is the culprit:

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  6. Launch Vermintide 2 as normal

If the issue no longer persists after having performed the Selective Startup, you will need to re-enable each of your usual background applications one-by-one until the error reoccurs, to determine which is interfering with Easy Anti-Cheat.

Please let me know how this goes!

After following the provided instructions the game is still crashing at the fatshark intro cinematic.
I have turned off my anti-virus, disabled background applications not deemed necessary for running alongside VT2, my normal background applications used alongside vermintide 2, and its still crashing.

GUID: 4643c412-a2a1-498c-be2d-b86541100aa8
Log File:
Info Type:

Ah :frowning: Hmm. This is a little unusual then!

Are any specific errors shown on screen? I ask, as there are quite a few that relate to EAC. Here’s our support FAQ for EAC related errors, which I’m hoping if an error is visible to you one of these may cover!

Otherwise, I would recommend to try repairing/reinstalling EAC as a more general fix to try. (steps can be found in the article above)

One other final thought, do you currently have the latest Windows updates installed? Sometimes this can be the culprit - so if possible, please ensure you have any latest Windows updates.

Please let me know how you get on.

Repairing EAC fixed the issue. Thank you for the support.

1 Like

Glad to hear that did the trick! No problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.