Full Weapon Rebalance

Why? Does it need to be nerfed or something?

Edit: Would also cause a problem because it has 8 barrels.

1 Like

You gave it 12 slot magazine size earlier, but yeah, it wouldn’t match.

No, but if it had higher damage, it wouldn’t need the same clip size, to prevent the shotgun from being too powerful, as well as the total damage output of individual shots.

And no, the shotgun doesn’t need a nerf, since it’s easily the “worst” part of the weapon.

edit: To clarity, I mean the overall damage of the weapon. Single shots that is, which would of course translate into more shotgun damage.

Ah, I see your point now. The single shot and shotgun actually have separate damage profiles so they can be adjusted individually. That’s why I was confused. And yeah a large part of the reason we reverted the first change is that we realized it didn’t match up with the weapon models. Same for Volley Xbow. So we could buff the left clicks. I just worry about infringing on BoP’s territory if the breakpoints become too good

2 Likes

I can definitely see that, but as it stands, the BoP still deals around 2x~ (more against armor, less against unarmored) the damage without a crit, has better accuracy and less damage dropoff. So unless the damage gets increased by an obscene amount, accuracy gets corrected and dropoff is buffed that ain’t happening.

The weapon will continue to be unusable on all his classes, apart from bounty hunter, because the weapon deals almost no damage apart from a crit. And even on BH, it’s only decent (in cata), when you run very specific traits, crit reset and hunter to reach some decent breakpoints so it can at least deal with specials in mid-short range. The downside is of course that the shotgun is rendered useless because of ammo management and it’s mediocre damage.

1 Like

Due to the possible fire rate of the left click single shot, increasing its damage could make it a faster close range special deleter than BoP, with a larger ammo pool as well, but with less armour/long range damage. That has the potential to be useful in a few team setups and could work well on both WHC and Zealot. BoP would still retain its place as a flexible and reactive weapon, but the RP would double down on that aspect e.g. On WHC/Zealot it could two shot bodyshot specials at close range and 1 shot crit on BH.

There have been times when I’ve used BoP and never needed the long range accuracy they have because of the rest of my team’s diligence and range weapon choices. In that kind of context the RP could be more effective with this buff. Hopefully I’m not misinterpreting your proposal. I think it’s a good one.

2 Likes

No you are not my dude.

The RP should be the close quarters king, since we have the crossbow for range, volley for horde and BoP for all around.

Being a quick special/elite killer in close range is how I have been using it ever since they removed the innate crit reset on BH, since it’s the only weapon that can effectively use the crit reset talent (which I find fun to use).

However, the only advantage of the RP as of now, is the ability to quickly swap to and from, to use newly refreshed crits, and that’s pretty much it. It just barely works though(in cata), if you tailor your traits perfectly (armor/crit power on gun. infant/chaos charm) and couple it with hunter, which means you have to be stingy with ammo.

Hence why I think it should get a slight damage increase, to make it a more viable weapon for all careers.

Edit: I am also leaning on buffing the shotgun damage as well. I find it odd that at point blank all headshots, deals comparable damage to a single crossbow headshot against armor.

This is of course a highly unfair comparison, since one is a massive ammo consumer, requires you to be point blank with all shots landing, but also 7/8 shots getting increased damage, due to the knockback caused by the first hit.

2 Likes

Mod Update: Patch Notes
Additionally, the rationale behind most of the changes is now in a pastebin link at the bottom of the Mod page on the Workshop.

1H Axe
Armor damage on lights boosted by 10%

1h Sword
Light attack armor damage reverted to default
Light 3 reverted to default and boosted by 20% against armour

1H Hammer/Mace
Reverted animation changes to L3 & L4.
L3 now has the same damage profile as L4 (single target)
L3 now has 10% add’tl crit to compensate for uppercut animation.

Beam Staff
Overcharge reduction reduced from ~40% to ~33% over default
Weapon switching while charging the weapon is reduced from 0.2s to 0s (matching all other staves)
Weapon switch window after a shotgun blast reduced from 0.4s to 0.3s to match the 0.31s animation time of the shotgun blast.

Dual Swords
Attack profiles reverted to default
Light attacks buffed against infantry 25%
Push attack buffed against armor by 20%

Dual Daggers
10% critical chance on light attacks given back to lights 3 and 4

Elven axe
Animation reverted to default

Empire Longbow
Forced zoom delay is now 2s instead of 0.4s (allows full charge without being forced to zoom in)
25% move speed while holding a full charge (increased from 0% previously, 25% is similar to the full charge move speed of bolt staff)

Elven spear
Reverted WoM nerf to light stabs, base damage increased by 25% from (0.2 to 0.25)

Falchion
Removed bonus crit from all attacks.

Flail
Reverted animation change to push attack
Damage of heavy attacks increased by 30%

Flaming Flail
Heavy 1 explosion now deals intended damage

Greataxe
L3 animation change reverted. Maintained single target profile.
Push attack now has linesman

Greatsword
Light attack speed was accidentally 15% faster than default, reduced to 10%

Halberd
Heavy chain order reversed, the first heavy is now the Heavy Stab, and the second heavy is now the Heavy Sweep
Intact Attack Chains:
Light chain and push-stab chain remains intact
Light 1-> Light 2-> Heavy stab, Lights->Heavy stab chain intact
New Attack Chains:
Light sweep (L1) chains into Heavy sweep (H2)->repeat
Heavy stab(H1) chains into light stab(L2) into light overhead(L3)->repeat
Heavy stab(H1) chains into light stab(L2)->repeat
Light sweep (L1) chains into Heavy sweep (H2)->repeat
Heavy sweep (H2) chains into Light sweep (L2)
Weapon Changes:
Heavy Linesman added to Heavy Sweep (H2)->Armory mod will not reflect the change in heavy attack order
Dodge range increased from 0.95(-5%) to 1.0 (0%)

Mace (Sienna)
Animation reverted to default

Mace + Shield
Animation cleaned up on the shield slam on Heavy 1
Animation change on Heavy 2 (sweep) into overhead reverted to default

Swiftbow
Reduced cleave on quick shots from 200% over default to 100% over default

Throwing Axes
Buffed monster and berserker damage by 30%

6 Likes

Yo that’s pretty much all I wanted from this weapon you bloody heroes.

Wait even the push attack? So now the only difference from base game is a stronger L3 and heavy linesman on the push attack? If so personally I’d like to see the push attack crit stay but will double check mod page notes in a bit.

Oof. Really really liked the old heavy 1 as an opener on hordes, but these changes do look interesting combo wise, so will give proper feedback after I get a chance to test.

You’re doing Sigmar’s work you beautiful bastards.

Also @Rebel @Froh. D’you see my previous post testing volleybow cleave on different enemies? Thoughts?

Is there a way to make Elf Spear more accurate?

At the moment, it’s really innacurate when compared to Spear and Shield.

1 Like

Are you talking about the hit box being so far below the animation?
That could theoretically be changed.

Yeah. Test both of the Weapons I mentioned, and you’ll see a big difference.

Thanks for testing my suggestions btw.

1 Like

Changing hit boxes is really tedious. So we might or might not be able to figure it out. That’s a good idea though.

2 Likes

Seeing your test results I’m now conflicted. When using it personally it felt really strong, but that might just be because I was playing with bots and therefore doing the heavy lifting. Everyone keeps talking about how it’s weaker at killing specials, yet pretty much the only thing that makes it worse than repeater handgun (aka really good) is the slow reload speed.
I’m fine with it as is, it’s pretty great honestly, but it might just be too good. I guess more people would have to test it.

1 Like

It’s really hard to know for a lot of reasons I think. If you look at how well it can solo hold a corridor, it’s gonna look pretty damn strong, but if you look at how well it’s gonna clear a spread out horde in an open area with a fair bit of armour mixed in, it’s gonna look a lot less impressive. The reality in many matches, especially QP where you can’t account for your allies’ positioning and willingness to help you linearise the horde, I’d say it probably performs about how it should. Obviously when you consider a premade with good coordination, exercising excellent positioning and horde management it’s gonna have very high potential.

Regarding special killing, yes it’s certainly not bad by any means. However, if you have to actively disengage from enemies in your face, take the shot, then quickly get your block back up, crossbow and RP have a significant advantage in usually only having to fire once before changing back to melee. Consecutive shots aren’t always manageable to pull off without taking a hit depending on your situation. In that regard I’d say volleybow is considerably worse at sniping single targets than his other options. Maybe I’m just bad at sniping specials in the middle of a horde, I dunno, but that’s my experience mostly on Legend difficulty.

2 Likes

Would it be possible/easier to replace the some of the light stabs with one of the other light stab attacks? I’m going to test them and then edit this post to check which one is the most accurate.

Edit: From my testing the fourth light attack seems to be more consistent. Replacing the first two light stabs with the fourth light attack would make it more consistent (visually boring I guess though). I think the first light has more issues than the second, so maybe just replacing the first could work too.

No, the heavy attacks still have the damage profile of elf sword heavy 1. @Sleezy The pastebin says falchion is more of a middle ground between kruber/sienna sword and elf sword but the only difference between elf sword and falchion is falchion has 3 higher base damage at the cost of 2.83 cleave, infinite dodges and having a different light 3 so is it really necessary to remove the 10% crit chance?
Also why was mace & shield’s heavy 2 reverted? How are you supposed to deal with armor now?

1 Like

Ok so I gave halberd a couple of runs and it’s interesting for sure. At first I disliked going from light to heavy as a horde clear combo, since it feels more natural to charge an attack as you approach a group then follow up with a light. Once I realised I could chain light -> heavy -> light -> heavy infinitely for a great horde combo with no block cancelling, I started having a really good time with it.

The heavy -> light -> light anti armour combo feels incredibly meaty and satisfying, and overall I found myself using the full array of the weapon’s attacks way more than base game. If nothing else it’s 100x more fun and engaging to use than in base game.

My only real concern is that the horde clear rotation would be pretty hard to use without all Merc’s bonus attack speed due to the windup on the charged attacks. FK has a few ways to get enough AS to make it work, and I guess huntsman can always resort to the old block cancelled light 1 combo. Whatever the case trying to make weapons equally competitive across all 3 careers is a fool’s errand and I’ll happily take being good on 2/3 careers and fun to use over what we have.

Probably the most interesting and successful change in the whole mod (and that’s stiff competition). 10/10 base game is ruined :sob:

5 Likes

Could you give to the push attack the same profile as heavy attacks? This would really help 1H Sword’s niche, meant to be a defensive/versatile weapon… currently, if you are surrounded (when a defensive weapon should shine), 1H Sword is pretty useless… because it can’t stagger and make space (the heavy attacks are too slow to be used in that situation).

Do you mean the zoom starts after 2 seconds? I still have to test it, but imho we need an half way (for example 1.2 seconds).

I would like to see more stagger, instead of more damage.

@Sleezy What was the thinking behind reverting the flail push attack change? I thought the triple overhead was pretty cool. Not complaining cause haven’t tried the new changes to it, but curious about the reasoning.

You can adjust hit boxes as well. If we get into it I think that’s what we’ll try to do. People complain about animation changes quite a bit.

1 Like