[From Reddit] Killing Armor vs. Killing Hordes: Brainstorming Solutions

Temp Health on kill is the design choice that annoys me the most in vermintide 2. I wish they had never implemented something like this. There are so many reasons why i hate it.

Posted this already in this thread

and on reddit.

• Getting hit isn’t that bad anymore if you can make enough kills to negate the damage you get with temorary health. This totally changes the feeling of the entire game. In V1 i would never have traded getting hit with doing damage. I was much more carefull. In V2 you can do that. Switchting to hagbane to create room and get temp health in the middle of a horde is deffenitely possible even if you get hit two time by some enemys. Same for some staffs of sienna.

• Its to strong. Ever played Legend without temp health? Its totally different. Way more difficult. It shouldn’t have such a big impact.

• Its possible to use it for venting certain weapons.

• It makes certain careers with certain weapons way to tanky. If i take mercenary with longsword i can take more hits than footknight with sword and shield.

• It makes weapons that already have a high damage outpoot even stronger.

In the end it’s another reason why doing damage is more improtant than anything else in this game. I really hope there will be a mod that changes that.

@Yzneftamz a equipment chest would be a nice solution to the third reason you did mention.
Balancing bloodlust and regrowht wouldn’t be a big problem in my opinion. Just make it that you get health on every 10th kill or something like that. Reliable and not to strong in the same time. Of course you could balance temp health the same way.