Flames and Toughness (General Feedback)

1. I personally like the toughness as a mechanic, however the bleedthrough is anoying. In general it has a similar role to white health in VT 2 yet white health always protected your health which because of the bleedthrough is not true in darktide. And while i can accept the decision for this, i can not really understand it, furthermore i find it really anoying to get down to 1 health while being able to recover to 200 toughness in melee, only to be oneshot. I personally have never encountered a game, where damage bleedthrough like this existed and personally i think it shouldn’t as it really downplays and negates the ability to recover from close calls. No matter how good you are: you will be a onehit.

2. Flames also feel very very punishing. While not consitently, it always seems to sap all toughness at once, while also staggering you so hard that you can bearly get out of, if they caught you in a bad spot. I personally think that either one is ok but both can litterally get you killed while close to full health.

3. Also stagger… If toughnes is broken the stagger by ranged fire feels unbearable. I don’t yet have a full opinion on if this is right or too much, but in the brief moments it happend to me, the ranged fire following a toughness brake always incapacitated me to being useless. Even unable to get to cover not even a meter away. As i said, i can’t really say its too much, as it doesn’t happen too often but the times it happend it really made me lose all fun, faith in humanity and will to live until there was a brake in the barrage. So yeah, that feels a bit excessive. In generall i belive ranged enemies aren’t yet fully where they need to be, but i will explain that in another post.

1 Like

Imo the issue with FIRE right now is that taking ANY hit, regardless of ranged or melee and having toughness or not, staggers you and cancels your sprint, which then causes you to take way more follow-up hits. Just allowing us to continue our sprint even when we are hit will fix this problem.
Otherwise there is frankly little point in having a sprint function that consumes our stamina (and significantly affecting our ability to block/push in melee) since it doesnt help us get into cover at all. This is especially problematic in higher difficulties when there are so many ranged enemies and so little cover in alot of the locations that it is almost impossible to position to engage without getting toughness instantly deleted and then staggered to oblivion with the follow-up shots.

thats the big issue is the stagger is SO brutal and punishing, even if the bomber grenade just barely clips you, that few seconds you are in will drain your toughness and start chunking your health, on heresy just being on the edge of the fire when it hits will take out like 1/3 of your health.