Flamer Ammo Nerf too far

As title I get wanting to rework the flamer to do what you want. Over all way too far, but the ammo reduction was over the top.

Almost all your iconic weapons are sub-par now. Give us back the ammo ASAP in a hot fix.

3 Likes

I have to test and see… but I was, personnaly against the ammo reduction. Not cause of what you say… cause I fear the worst for the ammo supplies of the team now…
As I said, zealot should use 90% of time the melee weapon… but we all know that several will want to do the contrary and use 90% of time ranged weapons.

Again… I must test before talking about that… just my first impression

Then they need to buff the evey single role specific weapon, because they’re all sub-par compaired to a vet’s weapons.

I think a weapon getting rid of trash mobs is fine. You lose out on your ability to deal with snipers.

AMMO NERF WAS TOO FAR

3 Likes

Yeah, ammo nerf on flamer seems a bit much. The other nerfs are fine, but now every zealot with a flamer will be a massive burden since they’ll steal the ammo constantly which is not good.

2 Likes

maybe we will see flamer player hated then… if they don’t adapt.

Or maybe zealots will finally start thinking when to use the blody thing instead of just going left click fully pressed 24/7.
That weapon still slaps most hordes and shooter groups to death with few seconds of holding and waiting for the burn ticks to do their job.

The game is set up very simply with its weapons.

1 weapon for trash clear
1 weapon for big stuff

The Flamer was the MOST PERFECT “ranged” weapon for the zealot because it wasn’t real ranged, it was a glorified melee weapon.
This let you stay basically in melee all the time, AND on top of that it saved your melee wapon for killing big stuff.

Doesn’t help that the chain weapons are sub-par and the Eviscerator is total tash.

This crazy nerf mighty Have just killed the zealot off.

3 Likes

I don’t use flamer for more than 1 month and that’s my prefered class…
I use braced colomnus / tactical axe, heavy sword / boltgun, kantrael shotgun or lawbringer shotgun / combat axe and I try, with difficulties, Crucis hammer / shredder autopistol.
I can say that the zealot is not killed. It is a solid and strong class.

Play melee 90% of the time and switch back to ranged if really needed… it works great.

Because nothing says melee class like using a long ranged bolter at melee to deal with the real problems, and melee to deal with trash.

It is, overdone.

…but admittedly it won’t affect me much, I only used it on hordes and groups of Shooters in cover or to clear off small fry enemies to use Crucis Thunder Hammer on Heavies, so no real change. The real question is… will it still be effective on Ranged enemies with Flak… failing to do that would kill it.

That said they are right… Zealot with Flamer will likely need to hog all the ammo. And this will likely result in a lot more party wipes and Veteran/Psycher Deaths, since that’s who it keeps from getting overwhelmed.

Zealot can easily survive it, the other two can’t.

1 Like

First impression after a few runs with nerfed flamer

• Ammo is ok even without vet in run, you can be spammy with it
  • Smaller tank capacity feels annoying a bit, not a fun of spending too much time in reloading animations
  • Damage is fine balanced vs armor now (however my flamer got no vs flak perk)

Edit: ammo can feel “on the edge” on maps with interrogation/swarm events if there is no vet in a run, you better find some ammo crates.

Question: how, if you have met one, it is working against monstruosities?
Do you think ammo pool will be enough?
(ammo nerf seems, for me, something not needed)

Crazy how I’ve spent 95%+ of my time on Damn with Zealot without flamer. Must have been throwing this whole time without realising it :skull: Can we find a way to complain about nerfs without being so silly and hyperbolic?

All the iconic weapons the zealot gets are sub-par or trash, now. If someone is a fan, and goes to use them, via the zealot, they’ll be sub-par, get dismayed, and leave zealot right?

The chain blade weapons suck, and the flamer now is a shadow of what it used to be.

In-fact, the only iconic weapon for 40k that is decent is the bolter now, but that’s not a melee weapon.

I think by this standpoint, I am correct. This might have killed the zealot role entirely.

I’m so happy they nerfed the flamer weapons. I may finally be able see what I’m doing now that there won’t be an overabundance of flamer Zealots and purgatus Psykers.

That still makes zero sense because heaps of people play Zealot on Damn without flamer. If you think that’s your only option that’s just nuts. Very clearly this cannot kill a class if it’s a change to something a lot of us basically never use.

I run heavy sword Vraks III often as my comfort build. Evic is a little under tuned but very usable. T Hammer is pretty good again after this patch you just need to cover its horde weakness a bit with ranged (auto pistol, flamer, brauto all work well for this). There’s always Caxe, Taxe, even normal chainsword is very solid. Your role as Zealot is largely to clutch and tie up a lot of threats for your team either focusing on horde clear, taking out backline shooters or eliminating elites.

If you can’t play your role as Zealot without pre nerf flamer I’m sorry but you are a bad Zealot there’s no two ways about it.

So it seems patchnote is wrong, lol.

This is a patchnote
изображение

And this is ingmae caps
изображение

Ok tested. It is enough to kill monstruosities on damnation
You don’t really run out of ammo, and to test it I used more than I would in a normal run.

All is ok about the ammo nerf of the flamer.

Little bug… they need to change the text here…

1 Like