Fix your game. XB1

Op is right though. All those legend players saying that recruit and even champ are easy lol. I went through the same thing when i just started playing the game, couldn’t finish a single map in a few hours of playing with a friend. Recruit really should go easier on new players, and let them learn while enjoying the game, not dying over and over again.

Can’t you go down like 5 times on Recruit before you die? O_o

1 Like

Maybe its just a gamestyle people aren’t used to at all. I’ve been playing Chiv since it was a UT mod so first person melee gameplay is sort of ingrained into my brain.

They are relatively easy, when compared to the challenges of the later difficulties. And for people used to the higher difficulties, they certainly are absolutely easy, too, as they can be completed with little effort other than the basic skills honed in Champ and even Legend.

Reducing the difficulty of Recruit would make the difficulty gap between Recruit and Veteran even higher than it is. That would actually help nothing, just push the frustration from the first runs to the next difficulty step (and would also likely teach even more bad playing habits than happens now).

The best thing to happen, I think, would be a more comprehensive (and completely optional, not even giving a Challenge) tutorial than the Prologue. A Deed form could be used, with the Deed giving, instead of the usual modifiers, a teaching overlay advising on the more complex mechanics that are still basic to the game (like cleave, stagger, effective dodge, bombs, potions, down count, general differences between enemies…). It could be available from the beginning, or it could drop as an extra “reward” for the first level up, to ensure that players try stuff a bit by themselves beforehand and notice the Deed is available.

Actually… I hereby challenge modmakers to make something like that, just to test its actual feasibility (both on the programming side and how it feels in-game). I have no skills to do it myself, otherwise I could start doing it. Getting some kind of in-depth tutorial in-game is the best way to teach new players about the game.

3 Likes

Yeah, it can get brutal at times.
Stay near teammates, maybe even play with bots as they are rather good at crowd controlling. Certainly better than a new player. As long as you are within a few meters from them, they’ll get you back up in no time should you fall. I started with VT1 and still lost the first runs in this game. Also, try to stick to a single weapon/character for a time until you learn it’s pros and cons before considering switching.

2 Likes

Very good points. :+1:

I play on xbox one too currently playing champion , i thought recruit and veteran were hard at first but once you learn the enemies its not hard you will be speed running the maps, games fairly new on xbox one people are learning and unfortunately your probably better off playing with bots atm, quickplays just not worth it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.