Feedback on the Psyker and getting to Lvl 20

No worries English not my mother tongue so I might have miss worded my tought ^^
What I mean with “block” is right now psychic communion seem needed to even go on a mission with the psyker by a lot of ppl so if you pick it you can’t pick cerebral laceration wich is also really needed at higher lvl of play … What would be nice is that psyker have other inate mean of generation of warp stack so psychic communion would feel a nice perk but not a must have wich is how I think feat should be.
And I really hope FS look in the forum and see what ppl think about the psyker and will do something about it omorrow ^^
In the meantime I have a blast playing my power sword and bolter veteran =)

Ah yes I see, indeed, that is a shame that both of those talents are on the same row…
I don’t think anyone from FS read anything in here, but I may be wrong and hope they do, because most classes need some tweaks here and there.

Their whole feasts assist different kinds of gameplay. Also just because a class isn´t the best in everything or a bit more complex, doesn´t mean it´s useless. Classes should play and feel different, otherwise it would be pointless to have them. Nothing against some tweaks in the future if they´re really needed.

As been said, imo you e.g. compare a veteran to them. A veteran who scales with weapon which are busted imo. Of course it´ll make the vet look way stronger then.
Same about the zealot… it´s a tanky frontliner, but has nothing real special. The flamethrower is just super strong compared to other aoe weapons. Also it´s easy to play since it´s the same brainless LMB spam like in V2.
And Ogryns… i guess we all know about some weaknesses and class specials.

That said, it´s like comparing apples to bananas. 3 classes have special much predefined roles and are definately easier to play than the one which has different tools for different situations. Once the weapons are fixed, things will look different and then we can talk about fixing classes. But in case of Psyker i would still say it´s somehow balanced. Zealot and Vet are just brainless strong without any efford.

Also since the Dot gets way more damage which each stacks, it starts melting down everything. So how about trying atleast instead of tunnelvisioning on something?

imo Vet play as intended and preacher too now that the bugged abilities work, it’s the psyker wich has an issue with his gamplay loop bc it is presented by FS as the elite burster but nearly all class can do that better than him. So yeah I deffo think there is an issue with the class. And it’s not just because Bolt/flamer/pwer sword are busted they are strong but not as strong as to completly invalidate an other class role (if said class would be able to fullfill that role in the 1st place that it)

1 Like

Psyker isn’t the best at everything, its the WORST at EVERYTHING there’s NOTHING the class can do or specialize in. Its not balanced, its literally underpowered. You want to be tanky, nothing can beat an Ogryn, you want to dps nothing can beat a zealot or a Vet, you want to CC Ogryn it is or even a zealot with flamer, you cant have the squishiest class have the less dps, cc. You need at LEAST to be able to dps like a glass cannon, our spell are interrupted if people hit you (staff), i mean ffs I never saw a mage in any videogame being the worst at everything including damaging enemies. It was presented as this class who excel at taking down elites but having downside like having resource to manage or you can die from it, high risk/reward but it ends up being a useless class, you can stun 5 people. Your only utility and gameplay possibility. You cant have 2 tankyish dps god and 1 tank class and 1 well … useless class who does nothing NOTHING right.

2 Likes

We really need a much, much clearer character outline for players like we had the green outline in VT2

1 Like