Fatshark Cosmetic shop is reselling old colour swapped cosmetics

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/1942liq/current_cosmetic_shop_rotation_issues_and/

For anyone interested. Obese Fish genuinely thinks that their fanbase is stupid. The reason why the rotating shop exists is not because “People will get confused” but because Obese Fish is trying to hide the fact that almost every “new” set is just recoloured old sets.

The Reddit thread linked above shows the comparisons. There is no unique stuff, Fatshark is literally just selling pallete swaps.

The greedyness of this company is beyond belief.

14 Likes

did you think there was some other plan? you don’t have to buy stuff from the cash shop, it doesn’t help you any.

not the first instance of this happening and wont be the last one either

2 Likes

yepp

Yeah this has been the case for a while
I mean for 2 months straight last year veteran only got re-releases missing their weapon skin and full price reskins

I’m surprised it took reddit this long to actually notice 90% of store releases are either a more expensive reskin or re-release with less than the original and this has been the case for a few months now.

2 Likes

Reddit has noticed for a while tbh. It’s a pretty much universal thing where comparisons get made to previous skins.

1 Like

Dear Fatshark.

I will buy models. I will even buy colors.

I will NOT buy models in all colors.

That’s going too far and asking too much.

5 Likes

It’s been their strategy for both free and paid cosmetics since day one. They have various fabrics, armor assets, and paint jobs that they can mix and match endlessly. It’s a pretty common developer strategy in live service games since they can be reused with low effort.

It sucks, but I can’t really blame them and I don’t see it as a trick. If they have to pump out cosmetics to drive microtransaction sales this is an efficient way to do it.

1 Like

The rest of us can blame them.

We’ll pay, but only so much.

why are you paying? i don’t blame them, i don’t even think their model is a bad one, but i’m not paying them. getting mad at their choices and then turning around and buying into it anyways is just telling them they can openly ignore you.

not that it matters, they get plenty of ugly cosmetic sales regardless.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.