Fatshark, at this stage of game's life cycle, why not run permanent double exp for newcomer's leveling up?

Even with double exp it’ll take plenty time to levelup everything. And Vermintide 2 is at it’s peak experience once player reaches at least 30 with the character he plays (for chaos wastes). That’s where the game actually starts.

What exactly would you lose with that?

12 Likes

i think 100% is a bit exssesive, but 25-40% faster lvling wouldnt hurt

1 Like

Because if the game is designed well, the journey should be part of the fun. It’s an issue if it’s only fun at max level.

4 Likes

I agree. At this point, it doesn’t make sense to keep the game’s grindyness.

1 Like

Agreed.

I think double Exp until the player reaches lvl 10 is fair. Another alternative is a double exp weekend.

I also think this should only apply to their first made character.

While I agree with this sentiment, VT2 levelling system was a pain and a drag. So what? I know how to play on higher difficulties and want to play a new character on said difficulties. Yet I’m gated by the fact that I cannot hold my own not because of lack of skill but because I’m gated by a stat check.

Getting friends into this game should be easy. It’s a 4P co-op, progression is fine, BORING gating is not. And besides, this game is at the end of it’s life cycle. I’m hardly of the thought that they will add more content after(if) Sienna’s DLC career comes out.

2 Likes

On the contrary, I’d say keep the first levels at the current rate (or a bit sped up maybe) so newcomers can get the hang of the gameplay in general without being submerged with too much information (keep in mind that base weapons are given out through the 10 first levels or so), but considerably speed up progression after that.

The levels from 15+ are especially long and tiresome, and there are not much more information to gain (3 talents every 5 levels) as all weapons and carreers are now unlocked.

1 Like

The issue with VT2’s progression if gear drop. If people levels fast the anemic gear becomes very obvious and only experienced players really know how to push through that without issue.

well without changing how the chests work, you would just be max level for even longer trying to get veteran items