[Engine Error]: Access violation 0xc0000005 in build

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - on Launch

Issue Description (Required):

The game crashes constatnly, this has started happening to me today. I’ve been playing the game for around 3 hours and it just suddenly crashed, when I tried to re-open the game, after the opening cut scene you have to press space to continue, after pressing the button and a brief moment the crash happens. I’ve followed the standard crash guide I saw without any help aswell as looked at other posts without much help either.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

PC - Steam

Player ID (Optional):

[PC] Crash Report (Optional):

GUID: e7702614-4b01-4df8-be55-ba5f8bf2db8c
Log File:
Info Type:

[Engine Error]: Access violation (0xc0000005) in build 57a47fe1b65efd09b188a31a8ec011df2e5b0509
accessing address 000000000000018C from 00007FF9A297ACCC

The issue could be related to the following modules found in the stack trace:
module ‘amdxcffx64’.

“The issue could be related to the following modules found in the stack trace: module ‘amdxcffx64’.”

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log (Optional):

crash_dump-2026-06-30-22.03.38-e7702614-4b01-4df8-be55-ba5f8bf2db8c.dmp (1.38 MB)console-2026-06-30-22.03.38-e7702614-4b01-4df8-be55-ba5f8bf2db8c.log (43.9 KB)darktide_launcher.log (855 KB)

Quick update, I managed to fix the issue by digging around in the AMD adrenaline edition app settings regarding Darktide, turns out I had some feature on that I wasn’t aware off that was causing the crash.

Appreciate the update! Glad you were able to resolve things.

Curious, what was the specific feature you had enabled that was the culprit? In case this information may be helpful to others if they experience similar.

Thanks in advance!

Hey there, from what I saw it was an resolution scaling tool called AMD XGP supported with ai. It suposedly boosts your FPS and has somenthing to do with FSR scaling. That really all I could get from the description.

^^Also including a picture I got from their website about the whole thing.

Really appreciate you sharing this, thank you!

Glad I could help in any way