Enemies able to shoot through floors at point in TRS-150

Issue Description:
Enemies are able to shoot through the floor in some cases, most pressingly Relay Station TRS-150 in the section where you descend into the valley before going underground.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]
Play in section of TRS 150 where you are descending into the outside valley down the shanty buildings

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Relay station TRS 150 Disruption

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]
HowVery

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]
18/12/22 09:30 AEST

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Seen occasionally, first time this location.

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]
Attached

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

console-2022-12-17-21.38.26-8be54f9b-6ed9-41a7-a1e1-738389e71b8a.log (257.9 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

darktide_launcher.log (739.1 KB)

Thankyou, I undertstand its hard to polish something so complex and large.

1 Like

Wiped our entire team due to how many elites were on the stairs we were forced back to where they could shoot us through the SOLID part of the floor, this is not the only time either, I constantly get shot hiding behind barrels etc that look high enough to take cover behind. (and yes I do know about character creation height being a thing as well as potentially looking down)

The reality is they shouldn’t be shooting through solid floors we can all agree on that however the other thing… I bring the tutorial into question there, why have a tutorial to teach us to take cover behind things then have us make a character (HUMAN SIZED CHARACTER) that cannot do that, isn’t that a design issue where you made your character height slider counter your game design.