DX12 Mode incompatible with WDAG

Issue Summary:
Win 10 has this “fancy” feature for safe web browsing called “Windows Defender Application Gaurd” (WDAG). While I had this feature enabled easy anti cheat detected a D3D12.dll in the corresponding directory* for WDAG as a corrupt/dangerous file, and disallowed creation of the D3D12Device. Disabling this feature was not enough sadly, as it did not remove this file on its own, and I had to painstakingly trick windows into letting me delete this file. Nonetheless Vermintide 2 runs in DX12 mode. While it seems that EAC has to do some work to remove this incompatability on their part, I wanted to post this here, so that other Vermintide 2 users may google/see this post to rectify the issue, if they also encounter it.

*see paths below

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Enable “Windows Defender Application Gaurd” feature on Win 10
  2. Try to play Vermintide 2 with DX12 mode.
  3. Experience crash on startup due to failed D3D12Device creation
    (4. Fix: remove these files, should work again).

Reproduction Rate (Choose One):
Constant (100%)

Additional Information:

The folders to the dll’s (there were actually two copies) on my PC was:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\HVSI\323031392f30352f32362f31343a30393a3439\Base\Files\Windows\System32

and:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\HVSI\323031392f30352f32362f31343a30393a3439\Base\Files\Windows\SysWOW64

I assume the long number will change for each PC with WDAG, so I would try to navigate to the corresponding directory after enabling WDAG.

I’ve let Easy Anti-Cheat know of this issue. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.