What is this bug and what does it do? This bug is an issue with matchmaking (MM) that occurs after queuing a deed. It allows you to queue a Custom Game after queuing a deed; thereby allowing you to complete a deed within a custom match. This lets you easily exploit the loot system by allowing you to obtain higher level loot from lower level matches.
To reproduce this bug, you will need two things:
- You need to be in a game with another player or have a player in your lobby.
- You need to have a deed available to you that you can queue – preferably one that’s higher than Recruit difficulty.
Steps to reproducing this bug:
- Join the host’s game or host another person.
- In MM, choose a deed to queue and select to start the game.
- Before the player who didn’t initially queue votes, reopen MM.
- After the player who didn’t initially queue votes on the deed (before time expires), select a Custom Game.
- Pick any map and set the difficulty to one lower than the deed’s.
- After you have picked a low difficulty map, select to start the game.
- The second player must vote on this new map before the time expires.
- Enter the map and complete it.
- Collect your deed completion, loot and standard map completion.
This bug/exploit has worked for me 100% of the time – both in BBB and outside of it. Without failure, it has given me the crate(s) from the deed as well as a deed completion. This is regardless of the map or difficulty chosen after selecting a deed. The deed parameters do still load in map. However, the ability to lower the difficulty and select certain maps makes the challenges of the deed null.
I was unsure of how to screenshot this issue and don’t know how to screen capture on my device. So I did not include either in this post. I also realize that I don’t always articulate well, so I apologize if I was at all unclear. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you easily identify the source of the issue.