Dedicated Cheer Button When?

What makes Deep Rock Galactic a better team-based game than GTFO Hunt Showdown or even Left for dead 2?
Dedicated button that makes their character cheer. “Rock and Stone” is a classic.
I understand characters have voicelines they say, but we need something as a group to be dumb about TOGETHER.
If I could press a button and say “For the Emperor!” after we barely survive a fight, and the rest of my team said it back raising their weapons in the air?
Well that would feel amazing.
And I want this game to make everyone feel amazing.
Cause this game is amazing.

7 Likes

Ngl. That would be pretty great.

Absolutely. Wholly support an Emprah button.

1 Like

I believe there was some internal discussion and it was considered not in the spirit of what Fatshark are going for.

1 Like

I wonder, what are they going for?

Seems like a dedicated cheer button would strengthen team cohesion in the vast majority of randomly matchmade games.

2 Likes

Deep immersion probably. Not the best argument when the social hub has 5 ogryns clipping to Hel at the shop constantly but they probably didn’t want people spamming “for the emperor” willy nilly and interrupting dialogue.

I have to say this is such a low priority compared to other issues with the game right now.

Its definitely a priority. I wanna chant:

“Hail our map selecting overlords for we are to weak minded to choose ourselves.”

or

“Blessed be the Supermarket. Giveth me thee BLAM I seek, and saveth me from rolling rubbish each hour!”

I mean it could be just a button to make your character scream.
Like a war scream.
Since they do that in the main hub during cutscenes anyway.
It’s all about increasing morale in the awful conditions they’re in
And if the 9ft tall 700lb ogryn next to me started a war scream when we were fighting a billion zombies
I’d wanna scream with him.

Fatshark is showing over and over, over YEARS, that they simply make bad choices all around when it comes to game design.

I’ve no idea if there is some figure in that company that has so much political weight that things follow initially his/her design and they suck, and it takes years for them to change, probably when finally they get tired of the product and move on to something else.

Because that’s exactly how it feels like from an external view.
For your own sake Fatshark: Get. Rid. Of. Those. People.

1 Like

I’m sure it’ll be in the game when they decide whether to charge 20% or 30% the cost of the base game for it in the cosmetics shop. Probably a nice selection, so you can collect them all.

1 Like

Only if I have the option to mute it. I’ve played games before that let you chose to have your character say something and people abuse it and spam it over and over.