Can we have a Rock & Stone?

I really enjoyed the beta so far but damn I’m missing a “Rock & Stone”-like key with Emperor blessings instead.

I want to shout my devotion while attacking heretics! I want to celebrate with my partners the massacre of the chaos minions!

That would be really nice :3

14 Likes

Well I guess they will come up with this eventually, especially if they can earn money with this, selling shouts etc. Now they have bigger problems like terrible optimization and terrible servers/connectivity issues.

3 Likes

Yes please

I want they yelling For the Emperor!!!

1 Like

I +1 somethign like this;

I keep going for my V key (Rock and Stone) only to be dissappointed when I realise I can’t share my enthusiasim for a victory wtih the team

A common counterargument I’ve heard is that it might interrupt scripted dialogue. The solution to that is easy, just have the button not work while your character is talking.

2 Likes

I would love a line for my Ogryn to just below “FOR THUH LIL 'UNS!”

2 Likes

it seems like it would be easy enough we need a key to scream some kind of emperor based line it would be so much fun to press after and before hordes!

This is the biggest missing piece for me even if it seems so inconsequential. DRG has created this simple bar for all coop shooters to meet. A simple salute button with a variety of voice lines that has some extra line added to it over time. It is the best thing for those small amounts of downtime or whenever the group has a big success. And it fits so perfectly with the 40k universe.

2 Likes

Yes, please add shouts!

I play a good amount of Chivalry 2 and it’s one of my favorite features.

My only request around it would be, don’t tie it to a single phrase/shout as that could get repetitive. Have a nice long array of shouts and randomly choose one when I press C or V.

Down the line, we can have a hold key for a wheel with additional, targeted, options.

Easy enough, right?

Hmm I’m kind of torn on this. I’m a huge fan of Deep Rock Galactic. It’s clearly one of the best fps co-op games available on steam. I even referenced it in my threads when refering to great ideas but… I am not sure if this is going to work out here in Darktide.

Darktide just like Vermintide will have tons of dialogue and a mechanic like that would go against the nature of the game and distrupt the little story telling that the game has to offer. The voicelines couldn’t be spammable that’s for sure. They shouldn’t interrupt the dialogue between characters as well.

There is another problem with voicelines such as “bless the emperor” and “emperor protects!”. That’s because there are many characters with many different personalities. Some are devoted to the emperor, others hate him. There is no common ground here. I’m afraid that the best thing we could see is “We purge in the name of friendship!”.

Some time ago I made this ping wheel concept here. Check it out.

A detailed comms-wheel would allow you to ping your way through any conversation you might want to avoid with other players because you don’t feel comfortable using voice chat. I’m not going to read the pings out loud for you but as you can see there is something for every ocasion.

To sum up. The only version of “rock and stone!” we could see in the game could be “good job!” and “thank you!” pings. These two would be tailored to each personality and character just like the other voicelines are. Veteran examples:

The Proffesional - “Good job soldiers! Keep this up.”

The Cutthroat - "Hell yeah! Blood and gunpowder! "

The Loose Cannon - “Great work lads! Keep this up and we’ll run out of targets!”

4 Likes

Wouldn’t mind something like this. Or we could have one button that just does the tag line, like in DRG.

5 Likes

Mooorkiiite!!

1 Like

We’re Rich!

5 Likes

We’re Rich!

2 Likes

It always amazes me when people ask for more microtransactions. I know supporting the devs is the usual reason for that, but when spending money is rough in today’s world, especially for something that small, you’d think people would be a little bit more hesitant to ask for the game to be mired with mini-purchases like a Ubisoft game.

2 Likes

I would probably only need a warcry, “go go go”, “affirmative”, and “negative”

Also dancing and singing

To the Bone, Brother!

+1 Rock and Stone Brother!