Darktide is so back šŸ”„

Leave Helldivers out of this. it is strictly fatshark business so stick w the regular :

:clown_face:

3 Likes

I was thinking of saving up money to buy back into Darktide since I thought the next update would finally fix one of the issues that a majority of people disliked; but I think Iā€™d rather get the Elden Ring DLC instead. Itā€™s crazy how itā€™s been years now and the developers have only been making slow incremental ā€œchangesā€ to the game.

3 Likes

Itā€™s always been this.

Just look at their steam news posts. They have an impressive clown ratio.

1 Like

The clown to comment ratio is downright amazing. They roughly average at around 10%. Well done Fatshark!

10 Likes

I think weā€™re giving too much credit. It might just be as simple as

:pick: new weapon
:gear: new gear
:ice_cube: new level in some frozen area

ā€¦ though I canā€™t see how youā€™d get any kind of frozen area in a megacity of 90 billion people as itā€™d just generate so much heat.

Speaking of which. Has anyone actually ever seen one of these inhabitants? Sure know how to avoid the trouble areas donā€™t they?

1 Like

We have, theyā€™re those groaners and poxwalkers we chop through. There used to be idle hordes of them standing around, but theyā€™ve mysteriously disappeared after patch 13ā€¦

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that when the xbox version finally released? The same xbox version that still has massive performance and stability issuesā€¦ funny how that works outā€¦

1 Like

Minimal Viable Product

3 Likes

Classic MVPā€¦ I guess thatā€™s the only thing they took from management styles like SCRUM.

The fact that the Skull headshot event generated so little traction it barely even got clown reacts is beyond hilarious.

5 Likes

the emoji code for the multiple dev blogs that yet to materialize is:

:poop:

2 Likes

They still show up in Lights Out modifiers. Fairly common on those maps actually.

1 Like

4 Likes

you see plenty of them every missionā€¦ poxwalkers were these inhabitants, groaners are alsoā€¦

1 Like

So there are absolutely no regular inhabitants left, out of 90 billion, theyā€™re all zombified?
Whoā€™s running the foundries etc. then? Surely there are some normal inhabitants we should see at some point (is what I was meaning).

Itā€™s not about the weapons nor the crafting rework.

And if itā€™s how I understand it
A: We will have to free machinery from the Ice to use it (Pick the ice of the machinery)
B: We will use some machinery to dig through the Ice to get to a Scab/Dreg stronghold

Darktide: Miniatures Game rulebook, page 23 ā€œColdiron Stackā€™s miners extract hyperdense ice from underground glaciers that pass near the district. The minersā€™ macro tunnels delve in twisting caverns for miles. Industrial sites and satellite settlements cling to the bore holes like architectural lichen. Over generations the tunnels have spread; some irrupting into the sub-levels of neighboring districts or causing their collapse. The granite-hard ice dug out of them - a commodity that cannot exist on the planetā€™s low-pressure surface - is hauled through a series of pressurised tunnels and carefully thawed in chemical refineries. The resulting water is far fouler than that produced by the cityā€™s giant hydro-reclaimators, but enable Coldiron Stack to supply drinking water to low-class labourers of neighboring districts. It also makes up much of the hydro-rations supplied to regiments preparing for the Fringe War.ā€

2 Likes

Ah. To be fair, Iā€™m not on twitter (X), facebook, or discord ā€¦ Iā€™d just been following the forum posts so I didnā€™t know that.

Well, I guess, like in any conflict, the civilians donā€™t stay in middle of battles.
considering what is the chaos, any civilian that would stay behind would be one more groanerā€¦
Thatā€™s why you cannot see civilians except dead ones (like in the smelter facility).

You make a fair observation! But considering weā€™re the cannon fodder, my assumption is that there may be living people who simply arenā€™t where we get sent.

Our job isnt to liaise with living people, weā€™re cannon fodder and semi-expemdable troops sent on desperate missions into enemy territory. Under circumstances like those, I donā€™t think weā€™d end up where there are pockets of uninfected resistence or bystanding innocents.

I do agree that seeing more living people down in the hive would make it much more lively though!

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: Itā€™d be funny if someone waved out of a window though wouldnā€™t it?

1 Like