Crossplay

So, I played V1 and V2 so much with family and friends, I cant recount. And it was wearing out. Still, Darktide looks interesting to give it a try. Hej, Gamepass. Cool, I pay for that. And then I read that I cant play with family and friends, because they only use Steam.
Can someone please explain this? Both platforms are PC, most players use Steam, why dividing then the playerbase and leave on of them very small? Why should I try it out alone and then not even know if I ever can Crossplay with my progress?
Its almost 2023 and you cannot enable all PC players game with each other?
I really would like to understand why you release a game which needs as many players as possible and then limit it for a platform. It will suck on Gamepass, without crossplay.

2 Likes

Ya, I just refunded the steam beta till we have some answers. Currently I have two friend groups on PC, one is getting the game on Game Pass the other is on steam. I have no problem paying for both but I won’t waste the time it’ll take to level all four characters on two different accounts. So now I’m waiting to see which group is going to be more frequent, which is a crap position to be in cause I want to play but I don’t want to waste my time if I’m just going to have to pick one. I honestly wish they left it off game pass till this was implemented.

Yes, crossplay is a great idea
it could increase number of players

(I’m always alone with bots :frowning: )