Crafting materials and weapon specials

I am new to the game and had some feedback and suggestions. I hope someone reads through as it is more than one feedback/suggestion and they work together in tandem!

I noticed when playing that I have so much dust I don’t know what to do with it all except just burn it on gear rolls and even then, I am sitting on piles of surplus dust. I am finding that I don’t have enough scrap to regularly experiment with crafting my own item and upgrading it. I saw there was a button for weapon specials, but so far have found none. I read that only a few weapons use that button which is a little disappointing. And lastly when I’m doing missions, and we don’t want to do tomes/grimoires, it’s just potions/bombs/ammo/healing we are picking up and it makes the environmental engagement feel a little more wanting. I hope I communicated that well enough!

I love the game. I want to contribute! Here’s some suggestions that I tried to balance as both simple while adding engagement and depth. They all connect to each other!

• Adding scrap as a pickup during missions. Higher difficulties would replace more pickup nodes with scrap instead of potions/bombs/etc. That way there is more motivation for higher difficulty play if one wants to be more robust with crafting their own tools.
  • Adding a new crafting option that allows powder to craft a consumable special action on to melee weapons. The existing special weapon action would become useable on all melee weapon types as it would create some ammo based magical effect. But it’s limited in ammo and requires crafting to add ammo. This would be a useful material sink for surplus powder supplies.
  • Adding the crafting powders as pickups during missions. But the mission timer modifies the powder total to simulate that the magic powder is decaying as you carry it until brought back to the keep. That motivates people into still getting through the mission fast even if they want to search for powder.