Community work

Hello! I’m one of the famous Fatshark lurkers. Some of you have met me before through the Vermintide discord. Usually, I post in the news, answer some random questions or jump in to update you about the game. I’m not at all near a full-time community manager or working with support but I love keeping up with you guys. Can’t tell you much about my typical day, but I can try and outline it for you!

Note: Julia and Hedge are true good human beans, and I work with them both almost daily. Also, I am one of those people who took over the marketing and Social Media from Hedge.

I start with a very early arrival at the office, I like being early and I like the quiet hours. Coffee and breakfast are a must. I start by checking on my immediate tasks, what needs to be done? Anything urgent? Any change in priorities? By the time this is done my coffee is drinkable and I spend 20 min ~ish on Reddit, the forums, discord, social media and general game news. I answer to some things and take note on what might need a closer look later.

The rest of the day I bounce between a lot of different tasks that are both big and small, have meetings and talk to a lot of the people around the office. In between my tasks I take a couple of minutes here and there with a cup of coffee to pick up where I left off in my lurking.

I know there are far more than me at the office who enjoy lurking as they sip their coffee during a break, lunch or when there’s time to. Always enjoy reading and checking in on what you, our community, are doing and what the latest UMGAK is.

To end on a very personal note: I love my job a lot, and I want to stay here for a very long time. This community makes me want to continue to do a better job every day. One of my best memories is from when we released ‘Bardin’s Songbook’ that I helped out with, and I hope to continue to be able to make more of these things in the future together with the other sharks.

Much love.

9 Likes