Commissary vs Commodores

So I and some friends were looking at the latest commlink and realized that the items here (which I thought were going to be Commisary items,) are only partially commissary. Some of them (what looks like the more unique ones,) are commodore vestments while commisary looks a lot like recolors with some small model changes. I really hope I’m wrong here, and that the commissary has some really nice unique stuff that’s different than what we’ve already got but right now I’m starting to feel like it might just be Brunt’s Armory Operative Cosmetics 2.0.

From left to right we have:

• Veteran wearing the Achlys Mk IIb Cyclops Helm, Armoured Combat Vest, LeatherTanker Togs and Mk IV Ahabian Prosthetic limb from Commodore’s Vestures.
  • Ogryn wearing Knee-Smasher’s Garb (XXXXL) from the Commissary
  • Zealot in Saintly Lazar’s Vestments from the Commissary
  • Psyker wearing the “Penance” Redemptor’s Veil, Black Medusa Psykana Collar (Morlox style regalia),“Penance” Psyker Trousers from Commodore’s Vestures.

While my friends were a little excited before, now that they noticed the commissary ones are more “palette-swappy” their skepticism has about tripled. Two are already saying they’re not coming back for palette swaps.

Also the addition of rarities to cosmetics has one friend spooked that they’ll come from loot boxes, or equivalent RNG “surprise” mechanics. If either these things turn out to be true I think they might be done altogether. Don’t do this to me Fatshark…

1 Like

The announcement specified how these cosmetics are going to be obtained.
No loot boxes or other rng.
See here:

——

Regarding the recolors, i am completely fine with them releasing different colored variants of the existing penance cosmetics.

I just hope that these recolored penance cosmetics are only available for dockets, once the player has the original penance cosmetic unlocked. That way, these recolors would allow players to still show off their penance progression, but have some color options.

If they are all available by default, this would massively devalue the penance cosmetics instead.

3 Likes

The sheer levels of apathy and suspicion amongst my friends is far more damaging than anything else that the patch might contain. I may love playing Darktide, but it gets a lot less fun without my friends.

While i can understand a general feeling of apathy, they should at least have a good reason for it, and not base it on overlooking oder misreading published information.

1 Like

They should perhaps, but they aren’t. Fatshark, from their point of view, have not earned the benefit of the doubt.

If they aren’t showing any new cosmetics in the comm link I assume that probably means it’ll just be palette swaps of existing cosmetics (at least in this update, they’ll probably add new ones later). Tbh I think they should prioritize adding new cosmetics over recolors but more variety is always good, even if it’s minimal.

But they did show new cosmetics.
At least the paid cosmetics have new models.

Which ones? Everything they showed in the comm link looks like it’s already in the game but I could be wrong, haven’t played for a while.

1 Like

The image posted in the comm link (see OP) shows both recolors and new cosmetic models.

Ogryn and zealot are wearing recolors of penance cosmetics, becoming obtainable for dockets.

Veteran and psyker are wearing new cosmetics, becoming obtainable for money.
New cosmetics except the hat on the psyker, which looks like an existing paid cosmetic, which currently comes in red.
This one

1 Like

Except the line says " * Psyker wearing the “Penance” Redemptor’s Veil…from Commodore’s Vestures." Implying that the recolor is coming from the Commodore, not the docket shop.

Edit: Ignore the deleted post above, it was me failing to hit reply on the right person.

So both ogryn and zealot are wearing recolors of penance cosmetics (as you can tell from the image).
And it is stated that both drips are from the docket store.

Both veteran and psyker are wearing things that are NOT recolors of penance cosmetics (as you can tell from the image). Although the psyker‘s hat is a recolor. But of a different paid cosmetic (the one that i showed above).
And it is stated that both drips are from the paid store.

I understand now, where the confusion came from.
Yes, two of the things that the psyker is wearing, have „Penance“ in their name, which i find to be a pretty dumb design decision, especially in this context.

But if you consider that the red version of the hat that the psyker is wearing, is called „Gloriana“ Redemptor‘s Veil, it becomes pretty clear that the „Penance“ Redemptor‘s Veil is just the name of the green version of that hat, and that the „Penance“ Psyker Trousers are part of that set.
The word „Penance“ is part of the name for these items and has nothing to do with ingame penances.

Like i mentioned, i do agree, that it was a really bad idea to put the word „Penance“ in the name of these paid cosmetics, since they are shown in the context of recolors of actual penance cosmetics.
This is made even worse and more confusing by the fact that the „Penance“ hat is also a recolor of an existing cosmetic (although a paid one).

Unless you know most of the cosmetics in the game and consider the name of the red version of that hat, the use of the word „Penance“ for cosmetic names in this context really does look strange and is confusing indeed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.