Colorful Unique Weapons - DENIED

And why they should grab it and say: “you know what guys, I think we shagged up a little with that dlc. We’ll add this feature, we just need 2/3 weeks to flesh it out and implement it fully for all dlc owners.”

1 Like

Also keep in mind that in it’s current implementation, the mod only shows the altered color to the one using the mod and said weapon/illusion, for the rest of the party it looks like it’s still the same blue/purple veteran item being used.

So saying it’s filling the same role as the bogenhafen DLC already does is a little misleading, a big part of acquiring skins/illusions is showing them off to other people, and this mod doesn’t let you do that.

2 Likes

yeah how about no, thanks in advance

7 Likes

FFS, there are SO MANY NEW COSMETICS IN THERE. I have gotten several each for multiple characters, like the dwarf hood everyone is obsessed with. I get that people are mad about recolors, and SOME of the new cosmetics aren’t super great, but there’s a lot of great ones in there too. The sheer amount of cosmetics in this game compared to V1 is astounding and it amazes me that people on here keep saying “all we get are recolors”… no, you got recolors AND a ton of other stuff. But people focus on the stuff they don’t like and harp on about it like it’s the only thing that was released.

2 Likes

There are 15 “new” cosmetics, the other 69 added are recolours and the majority (haven’t counted the exact number) of the 15 “new” cosmetics are just rehashes of existing cosmetics with either copied, stripped or transferred components.

But, yes there are a few good ones in there about 7% of these 84 “new” cosmetics are pretty good, even if most of them are mostly copy paste with some added doodads.

I’m betting you’d be super happy to order a set of 84 crayons for your kid and only 7% of them were usable.

5 Likes

Lol great analogy actually! all the cosmetics are 100% useable. Some of them are boring or so similar to others that they don’t get used much… just like most of the crayons in a box, as any parent knows kids will have their few favorites and not use most of the others.

2 Likes

Except in this case it was marketed as 84 new crayons and you received 6 new ones, the rest were old used ones.

2 Likes

Lol k clearly the hate train has no brakes!

1 Like

Clearly the oblivious consumer feeding the cycle of bad products has no brakes!

6 Likes

Lol yep, accurate description of me.

2 Likes

As it would be, I don’t totally disagree with you, Kaizen; there is not a ton of extraordinarily exciting content with SoB, but the new maps are absolutely excellent. I think that being disappointed (not angry) about the recolors is quite reasonable, but I think we are entering a few different arguments at the same time that should be seperated

I have to say that Flinlock is 100% correct for the reason of denial. On their end, FS made content that shouldn’t get copied by a free community mod.

I also agree with Flinlock that SoB brought some absolutely awesome aesthetics into the game. Given that I am a die-hard VT fan, I am so excited to have a Kruber/Bardin/Kerillian that looks so cool. But, as with all content (crayons specifically), you also get some stuff you aren’t excited about. When you buy the 100 color set and then the additional 15 color set and there are duplicates, it can be irritating… but it’s totally worth it for that golden-colored crayon (IMHO, and it’s okay if you don’t share that feeling)!

Though it isn’t a popular opinion (but it is definitely an opinion, not a fact), I think that the colored weapons are a signal of status/badge of honor. When someone shows up with that “All Missions on Legend” border… I gotta say, I am always impressed!

1 Like

The problem is that changing an RGB value is not “content”. It’s an unwinnable situation for fatshark and they’ve dug their own hole. Denying the mod just digs the hole even deeper.

5 Likes

the only thing is after over 800hrs of game play I’m still waiting to see that golden crayon (dwarf red 2hnd axe/1hnd axe or really special hats). None else fault, just me seriously unlucky with the chests “fs randomness”^tm.
I’m lame, but I wonder how much “thinking power” was put in deciding to pursue this mechanic. Same with the dust thing.
Probably if fs waited at least 6 months we were going to see a lot of the things that the modders brought out in light and less frustrating (for some of us) experiences.
It’s not a big deal, I think the game already widely paid itself, just, I feel (so it’s completely subjective) that a couple (+++ :stuck_out_tongue: ) more of steps and this was going to be a monkey island or an half life title.
@AgainPyromancer wrote somewhere that it’s the typical fs routine (to give the idea of wander around a little bit before getting it done nicely) (paraphrased a little bit :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I totally feel you; probably not the wisest decision, but RGB stuff has always been a breadwinner in other pay-to-look-good games. League of Legends had the same model and made incredible money off of it… perhaps it was to follow that idea? Perhaps it was because the future RGBs would have different lighting patterns/weapon styles? Or maybe they simply wanted to be able to share what they thought would be really cool weapons.

@azaroth75 They might’ve dug a hole for themselves but it probably wasn’t done out of malice for the community or “lack of thinking power” (I mean this politely, not mockingly), but I honestly believe it might’ve been because there was a designer who said “Team I have such a cool idea for a halberd skin!” And it was super cool! Maybe that same designer has an idea for a yellow-glowing set of axes for Bardin with unique emblems on them… let’s have faith and find out! :smile:

Regardless of reason, what’s done is done. I think FatShark doesn’t do “snapshot” changes… I think @AgainPyromancer nailed it on the head… but I think it has more to do with them getting their bearings before moving forward.

2 Likes

shoganai :slight_smile:

1 Like

There comes a time where a person has to either ignore their prior failings and continue blindly or swallow their pride and right their wrongs. I don’t particularly care about their bad decisions that have led us to this point, only that they look to rectify them.

The CEO said he wants this to be a long term project, with Vermintide 2 development extending many years into the future. Realise the failings of the current system and learn from the mistakes. Realise what worked in Vermintide 1 and stop acting as if none of what was good about that game can’t be appropriated into Vermintide 2.

It honestly looks like a different development team took over Vermintide 2 from Vermintide 1 and ignored the things that made the first game great, at this point.

2 Likes

I agree with you about looking back onto failures and improving. I also believe they have done that remarkably well. I also agree with ‘what worked with VT1 should be expanded upon.’ Then again, I think that’s why we have mod support at all… even if it is not the best mod-support, I’m still pretty excited to have my Sticky-Grim and Improved UI!

I don’t think they ignored what made the first game great. I think this is a better game entirely and that they have done excellently! From awesome maps to new mechanics to stylized heroes and epic gear, I am satisfied (and I am not saying you have to be :slight_smile: ). Preferring a game that is 99.7% successful over 99.5% successful isn’t that big of a deal to me (though I certainly believe that it is okay not to share that opinion). I don’t think them integrating some colored skins into their DLC is a great call, but I certainly don’t have a problem with it, is all I am saying.

I think that this is pretty harsh… considering there is no game that handles combat as fluidly and awesomely as this one. We got mod-support, we got hot-swappable cosmetics, lots and lots of new weapons :smiley: I get excited every time I log in!

1 Like

Pretty harsh post against Fatshark just to talk about colored illusions.

Is the RNG system and red illusion system flawed? It is
Should we make mods to counter that? I don’t think so

We can now craft red weapons if we get too many dupes so that fixes the frustration of “farming for nothing” to get a specific red weapon you want for a specific character.

Illusions are a bonus and I find it nice not to have everyone going around with every red illusions.
I m over 1100 hours of played time and I don’t have all red illusions and wouldn’t think of using a mod to counter that.

Illusions are a reward (RNG reward, ok)

I find the new weapon system from “Back to Ubersreik” kinda more satisfying. First you unllock the weapon, then you use it to kill all lords to get the red illusion. Feels more rewarding and maybe that should be applied to previous weapons.

Main issue to me is the reward system, not the fact you got a mod denied for getting something you ain’t supposed to get easily…

1 Like

You do realise the mod only changes the colour of glowing illusions right? In official it would still require you to have a red or purple illusion.

3 Likes

Yep, it doesn’t actually give you the ability to colour any weapon, you need to have a glow boi first. It’s pretty damn obvious that new colours are coming in future DLCs and that was the reason it was denied. If you scroll up, you can see hedge kinda acknowledge this when I asked if the mod removed the ability to give purple illusions, would it still be denied.

I honestly don’t have a problem with them adding more colours to future DLCs. As long as it’s not like the bög dlc. The last DLC, return to ubersriek, even if they didn’t add new weapons and put colours instead. I’d be OK with that. 4 new maps and recolours is a decent deal, at least for me. If you’re not adding new weapons, characters, classes etc. There needs to be at least 3-4 maps in the DLC.

1 Like