Collection of Beta Feedback

Greetings,

I’m hoping to provide feedback in a form as concisely as can be attained from a survey.

1. The organization of weapon stats is very dissatisfying.

• I won’t get into the great Bars vs. Numbers debate. Personally I find the layout of the pages poor from a UX design perspective.
  • Presently, there is no encyclopedia or tooltip that explains what the stats mean. Either of these options would be great so that players can have a better understanding of what “role” a weapon has.
  • Also, even when some weapons have the same stat categories, they are not arrayed in the same location. Two weapons might have a Damage stat, but one weapon might have it in the top-left section while another might have it in the top-right. At a minimum, could the location of stats be standardized across all weapons?
  • I would also honestly love if the stats were all listed vertically, but that is a personal preference for readability. It may clash with design elements you have for higher rarity equipment and their bonus effects.

2. Difficulty seems to increase exponentially while player progression/power feels linear

• This, combined with a lack of recommended difficulty guidance, causes it to be nearly impossible to gauge what difficulty missions you are ready for. There were many of times I unlocked a sweet new higher power weapon and rushed into the next highest difficulty, only for the entire team to wipe in the first room.
  • Please either one, smooth out the difficulty curve, or two, increase player growth, or three, provide guidance on lvl and weapon rating to difficulty guidance.

3. It feels like in this build there were a lot of Audio Trigger bugs OR missing audio

• There were often elite spawns that went undeclared until it was too late. There were also times where hordes seemed to spawn without the normal audio or even characters commenting on it. This at times lead to moments where spawn rooms, which I will now refer to as clown closets, would open up and dump a deluge of enemies out of nowhere, directly on top of the party. In one instance, this even lead to horizontal plane snapping as a ton of enemies were spawned in and then expanded out due to their collision. Although this could have just been a case of the game director triggering too close to the party.

4. Exp Rewards Seems to Incentivize Quickly Clearing Low Difficulty Missions Rather than Attempting Higher Difficulty

• Rewards for Difficulty 1 was around 1600. Rewards for Difficulty 2 were around 1900. This often meant that it was faaaaar more efficient to quickly complete Difficulty 1’s rather than push your luck with higher difficulties. Higher difficulties did have a higher rate of having secondary quests, but the all or nothing nature of these, combined with their difficulty, meant you could not rely on them.
  • I would love to see higher difficulties really be worth their difficulty in exp. I don’t know if multiplicative would ruin the progression curve, but it has to be better than what it is now.

5. Stagger Feels Out of Control!!!

• I am defining stagger as, being hit by an enemy melee attack, projectile, or explosive causing an interruption of player action and agency.
  • Granted, I played a Psyker to level 12 and and Ogryn to level 3. It is possible that as the resident squishy mage, the Psyker is far more vulnerable to interruption than other classes. If that is the case, then that needs to be something communicated to the player somewhere. It is never made clear if the different classes have different resistances outside of toughness and health.
  • But between staggers interrupting so much and all forms of damage causing you to be slowed, it can be stupid easy to get caught on a handful of enemies, or one or two shooters from a distance, and get completely locked down. I expect to be seeing more feedback around this at release.

6. Recoil is incredibly random

• Again, I cannot be certain if this has something to do with being attacked by enemies. If that is the case, REMOVE THAT NOW.
  • There were times when I would be aiming down sights and my character would suddenly look straight up into the air. And I know for a fact that this could happen even when no enemies were within melee range. I would be in a shoot out, empty my clip, and after the last shot my crosshairs literally go straight up. Could be a bug. Could be intentional stagger. I’m not sure. I play on 600 DPI so I am extraordinarily doubtful that it was user error.
2 Likes