Chastise the Wicked Ranged Interaction tacitly endorsed?

With this one line from the devs:

Does this mean that the ranged interaction that Chastise the Wicked has, that is not mentioned in any way, shape or form in the ability description, is intended, a feature and not a bug?

The ability that was nerfed/fixed to remove the guaranteed melee critical hits for the duration of the ability to match the description saying only the next melee hit is a guaranteed crit?

The ability, that if it was a bug where it interacted with a ranged weapon, is now being seen as a factor in ‘balancing’ a zealot ranged weapon?

Can you please confirm whether it is a feature-or-bug™?

2 Likes

Yeah I was pretty sure about this,
I had a feeling it wasn’t really a bug, that or it’s something unfixable.

It was the same way with Zealot in Vermintide 2. His power increases worked on his Ranged weapons as well.

1 Like

That means that combining your Special (F) with ranged weapons of any kind is an intended feature.
Well then, blaze away frens!

Same. Though I was not sure about that. I was confident it was too good on flamer specifically. But probably creating an exception to the ultimate behavior would have been more tempermental to keep working than what they did.

Its worth mentioning that zealot is a melee focused class but not exclusively a melee class. People always forget about it but there IS a feat that the zealot has that focuses on ranged weapons.

Emperor’s Executioner

Deal up to 25% increased ranged damage based on how close you are to your target. The ranged damage increase falls off the further away you are.

1 Like

It might be nice if it’s on the ability description anywhere. They should update the Counterfire description while they’re at it too.

3 Likes