Chaos wastes. Curse with the miasma+rod. Boon seemed to be working alright on previous levels, and worked fine at the start of this level. Melee weapon was out (Kruber, one handed sword) and shield icons displayed on screen. Boon was not on cooldown.
Hits were taken without reducing stamina, dealing normal damage. Boon cooldown never triggered, as stamina was never depleted by attacks.
Attacks would be blocked until stamina is depleted, and then the boon would deactivate for 10 seconds with a cooldown icon in the lower left.
Things that I did that may have caused the issue:
- Purchasing a random ranged weapon while melee weapon was equipped
- Picking up (and then dropping) the miasma-deflection-rod while my melee weapon was equipped.
- Picking up a barrel while the melee weapon was equipped. (however I think issue was present prior to doing this)
Strange things I noticed:
- After picking up a barrel and dropping it, the shield icons disappeared when my melee weapon was out. Blocking caused them to re-appear and stay there indefinitely. Not clear whether or not this fixed the issue, as I died very shortly thereafter.
- The boon did not apply when holding the rod, and I’m not sure if it should have, (but the boon was not working with my sword out.)
Will reply if I am able to reproduce this. Has happened just once.