Change staffs special attack

Sorry for creating topic about that (i have already write my opinion on other topic about this, so im kinda badguy)

Special attack on staffs is crap and no one uses this. Literally i didnt see the purpose of this.

I would like to see not new staffs, but replase of special attack. A shield that generates peril over time and can block ANY attack from ANY angle. If kinetic wrath is not on cooldown - on 95 peril shield explodes and does little harm and knockback enemies around. This consumes kinetic wrath. If ult is on cooldown - go boom yourself.

This is would fit psyker just fine.

9 Likes

Yeah unique specials per staff would be a good addition to see, the melee attack special is useless.

Given the terrible mobility of staves, they could stand to have a little more oomph or versatility with real special attacks.

How about pixie’s shiny sparkles, due to their slow descendant all enemies are dancing waltz and looking happy.

Another idea: Warp conductor - psyker holding staff with both hands, charging warp with cost of warp charge and any enemy staff hit in melee makes enemy happy and he starts dancing like tectonic fan.

Yet another great idea: Psyker elevating his/her/theirs/pockemons staff in hands and making frontal kinetic barrier like for groupies and psyself at the cost of peril, enemies shooting that barrier happily shouting encouraging speeches!

Shiny orb of disco: psyker charging orb of disco-dance-luv energy 1 sec / warp charge and releasing it as soon as charges are gone. The more charges it consume - the more luv it shares as discoball traveling forward, touching enemies and making 'em happy. Stronger enemies having some tectonic effect, cos share of luv makes 'em tremble.

Static charge of luv: Psyker infusing staff with electrostatic luv, consuming warp charges and gaining equal shock charges. Touching psyker makes enemies having shocky-mocky state, which caused by everlasting luv of psyker.

Watchful eye of the beloved: Psyker summons his beloved into a staff, beloved marking every chaos creature spawn nearby, constantly raising peril. Emperor is jealous, chaos gods are happy, Beloved happy as none else and Tzeentch smiling upon happy joyful psyker!

I’d love unique specials per staff, but even just improving the current ones to be worth it would help:

• Psyker Staves melee should be only horizontal swings, with above average cleave targets (hits many enemies per swing), and average damage. Additionally, higher peril increases the melee damage (and discharges peril per enemy hit). I don’t think the single target melee should exist at all, but if it does it would be used by holding down special (tapping special would be all horizontal swings).
  • Stubber’s melee should have lower cleave targets (damage fewer enemies) but very good damage. Basically Stubber’s ranged attacks obliterate hordes in larger numbers, and so its melee would be designed to handle smaller numbers of enemies (the trickle of 2-3 flak enemies that comes just before/after the giant horde that you shoot with bullets)
  • Grenade Gauntlet’s melee just needs more damage. As with all of these suggestions, none of these melee attacks should feel better than a dedicated melee weapon, but they should all feel reasonably good at killing basic enemies (they should be 80-90% as good as a dedicated melee weapon is, and currently they feel more like 25-50% as good).
  • Stubb Revolver just needs damage. I think this one is slow enough (with no combo?) that there’s a reasonable argument that maybe it could one-shot-headshot flak hordes?
  • Autoguns, Bolters, and probably 1-2 others I missed, these guns have a push-attack special which I would hope would stagger the majority of man-sized enemies (possibly including Maulers, and definitely it should include Maniacs). The damage on these weapon swings is presumably super low, so the stagger should at least let you make room for yourself. (Also I haven’t used hardly any of these specials, so it’s possible they already do this and my suggestion here is redundant.)

Following the trend of bullying Psykers, it will probably be:

• Staff’s special attack now deal corruption damage to Psykers.
1 Like