This applies for the case, when the host leaves the game/ disconnects:
Host migration is a nice feature, if progress wouldn’t be lost. The hearsay is that it is technically hard or impossible to implement a host migration, where progress isn’t lost. Also the newly started game seems to prevent other players from joining.
Proposal: Remove host migration that restarts a game, because:
- Progress is lost anyway
- Joining time for other players too high
- 99% nobody migrates to new host
- Migration doesn’t necessarily choose the best host (connection-wise)
- And because nobody migrates, players will usually have to wait until the game is loaded, only to leave it and go back to the keep
- Change host migration to keep/lobby
The loading times for the keep aren’t high, and it is likely to meet players you want to keep playing with. Also migration should have a 10s timer or should be straight up instant since joining the lobby doesn’t take much time.