Can difficulty restriction please be removed?

It already works this way and actually in the recent triple xp I had buddies who were running level 1-20 chars in our legend lobbies to get easy xp and boxes at the same time.

General take tough I really do not see the issue running private lobbies in whatever settings you want. I have introduced plenty of people into vermintide who only needed less than a week to really start getting hang on playing legend. Obviously I had the extreme opposite cases as well but it should be on the party to decide.
Quickplay can stay locked and it should to retain some semblance of player ability.

I dont mind it being free(same as you) but could you say for sure that others would share the same view?

Edit:When I said that,it’s more in a general manner rather than just my own person’s opinion.

1 Like

Yeah I figured you were talking about the general public, not yourself, just trying to point out you may be being overly cynical. Most Cata players I’ve run into just want more people to play with.

There are probably neater solutions than just making it straight up free anyway. If there was backlash for making it free it would be worth weathering regardless.

Restrictions are there for good reason, so I have to disagree with removing them.

Other than that, when the game gets improved some more and becomes better, more players will probably come around. They should all go through the lower difficulties first to grab the basics, then go up bit by bit, not jump into a legend game and be: “#yolo”.

2 Likes

In 95% of the case ppl with a low lvl character need to be carried through a legend or cata run ppl should play them when they at least lvld up their character fully in my opinion cause they maby have good aim but they dont know the character or how to play it proper in a group .

Most of of the time they dont know the other characters aswell cause they probably just haven’t played with them or not long enough to have real synergy with them and that’s kinda annoying.

Im not saying that you are one of these.
There are some talented gamer out there that can play really good in a team and also understand thier own character fast .

They got used to the combat system and enemy behaviour and patterns real fast but let’s be real there are not many of them … if you really want to play this game for a while take you’re time to step up you’re difficulty. I see you want this for private games with you’re friends I’m not sure how to think about that cause if someone gets carryt through high difficultys on low lvl he might mess up other ppls games when hes able to join a public game, cause he probably did not learned that much. It’s like with speed limits for driving a car… there are ppl that can drive as fast as they want and still got control over the car and can manage the traffic and obstacles . But cause not everyone is that good you need restrictions and in a similar way you need difficulty restriction in v2 in my opinion.
So pls just be patient for the greater good of the community.

2 Likes

What kind of statistics does that root from? Every time you step up the difficulty as a newby the game will put its foot in your face and demand you relearn most of what you did so far. Just starting at champion/Legend/cata does not change that. It doesnt even enlarge the amount of stuff you need to learn.

The speed limit parable is also wonky as hell. There is no ones live at risk.

The greater good of the community would be if people wouldn’t be so scarred of losing their precious end chests.

It is an absolute nightmare right now to get new people into this game if yourself already played this game for hundreds of hours. You cant scale down. You cant get rid of Talents. You cant remove Hero Power from levels. You will be walking through lower difficulties like Moses through the bloody sea and noone, not you, not your friend will have fun doing so.

Removing the needed HeroPower from difficulties would be a very easy fix for that. You could start on champ, get to legend when that gets too easy and noone would have to play seven hours to get to that point.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone that played this game for some hundreds of hours or thousands of hours cares about the chests anymore I haven’t opened chestes for a long time cause when you got like 100 red dust you dont care what chest there will be . I know that there are no lives in danger xD it was just a metaphor to make it understandable … I know if you step up the difficulty the first time it’s hard but it might be easier when you at least learn to use you’re character proper…
And you can lower you’re hero power by putting on lvl 5 equipment what I do from time to time especially when I play with someone who’s on a lower lvl in a lower difficulty and I also let them do stuff and try not to run through like “moses”.
And the statistics you ask about is just my own experience from playing quick play matches for over 1700 hours

Do it. Equip the Blueprints and watch your hero power.
The “champion gets easy” hero power level is at 330+.

There is nothing to learn on lower difficulties that would make you able to grasp higher difficulties. Nothing, but the bare bone stuff like green juice makes your green bar fill up. You cant “learn” a character when there are no Talents. You cant “learn” a weapon when you dont have the appropriate hero power since cleave and stagger are all over the place. You cant even evaluate how useful your career skill will be.

1 Like

Well we can agree to disagree then I guess .

I take my friends into legend deeds. Deeds let you bypass the difficulty lock and gets them 2-3x legend vaults for red weapons. Also teaches them to dodge and block XD

1 Like

There is nothing to learn on lower difficulties that would make you able to grasp higher difficulties. Nothing, but the bare bone stuff like green juice makes your green bar fill up. You cant “learn” a character when there are no Talents. You cant “learn” a weapon when you dont have the appropriate hero power since cleave and stagger are all over the place. You cant even evaluate how useful your career skill will be.

Which is great, so they have all the time to learn that bare bone stuff first, and are just that tad bit better prepared when arriving at legend :smiley:

When playing with people you know there are plenty of ways around this, which mostly have already been mentioned in this thread. So when people want to power level, or help a friend skip the lower diffculties, it is possible. So it feels to me there is very little reason to remove the whole block on higher difficulties.

1 Like

My entire point exactly! Thank you @SmokerT69

Doesn’t seem to be working :frowning:

May have been patched without mention