Bots discard Tomes for no reason

Issue Description:
Bots will often pick up a healing item and discard a tome without being asked too.
This wouldn’t be an issue if they did this to heal then immediately pick up a tome after, but they don’t do this. This often means when I notice I’m forced to backtrack to try and find the tome, but because most maps have one way invisible walls or no return drop points, it’s not always possible to pick up a bot randomly discarded.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Tell the bot to pick up a tome.
  2. Walk past any healing item.
  3. Bot will discard tome for the healing item even if they don’t need healing.

They don’t do this for potions or bombs but they do for tomes. It’s an issue.

Do you just press the tag button when getting a bot to carry a tome or are you holding down the tag button and selecting a bot from the tag-wheel to carry a tome? If the former is perfomed they will temporarily hold the tome until getting close to a health item, however they’ll keep the tome if any human player isn’t carrying a healing item. If the latter is performed they will not drop the tome unless they die.

I hold the tag button down and tell the bot to pick up the tome.
I’ve noticed they’ve been discarding tomes when they shouldn’t be.

1 Like

If you specifically hold down tag and select a bot (Bardin, kruber, etc. - a little chat message will appear telling you the bot is on the way to pick it up), they will not discard it.

If a bot picks it up, because he has no healing item, so free space, he will discard it as soon as he finds a healing item.

Sometimes you tell a bot to pick up a tome but another bot without a healing item walks past it by chance and will pick it up (and since you haven’t told this one specifically he will discard it for a healing item if he finds one).

So just check if the bot you told to pick it up is really caring it - then you should be safe.
If you know a bot is carrying it just by chance, just watch out when walking near healing items. It is good when he drops it, because then you can order someone to pick it up and after that don’t need to worry about it anymore.

As I already said, I am doing this, and they are discarding tomes. That’s why I made the report.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.