Bots can't carry books to support secondary objectives

Within a game were you have bots following you around and maybe throughout the entire mission, you are only limited on carrying one book rather it be a Grimoire or a Scripture. But when you manage to find another book and manage to ping its location, there is no way for the bots to pick this item up. Even they are standing 2 feet away from it, they will refuse to pick this up at all which blows my mind. Considering that they will pick up ammo just fine, but not these weekly items.

There is nothing within the radial tagging menu to issue an order that a bot can pick it up. I understand that there could be the possibility of a player replacing the bot’s position to join the host in a given mission. Thus altering the player data loadout between the bot and the joining player.

But this functionality that was in Vermintide 2 and not being within Darktide really sours the mood doing weeklies if you are stonewalled like this. So you are forced to either wait until someone finally joins your game or abandon the mission to requeue for the similar secondary objective.

5 Likes

Hello, I agree 100%, what did they do in the beta phase? Were there such huge problems that the developers could not take care of the little things and why was the game then not rather postponed again.

But back to the topic, we had to experience it ourselves that 2 bots, no players have joined, have not taken the books. You can mark as you like, no chance.

1 Like

Coming soon this is immeasurably complex - Fartshark

2 Likes