Blocking Attack is so Clunky it Fails

Hey Fatshark,

I just wanted to let you know that the Blocking Attack (Right Click + Left Hold Click) seems so clunky that it fails to properly trigger the attack swing afterward, resulting in your character spamming Block Push instead of Block Attack.

Honestly, there’s no reason a player should really be spamming Block Push over and over rather than chaining it into Block Attack. So can we have the default be or an option to turn Block Attack to execute immediately after Block Push when pressing Right Click without having to hold Left Click?

As I said, the game is seriously struggling to consistently register Left Hold Click to the point i think I’m going to break my mice. I have tried both a Razer Viper and Glorious Model D mouse when playing, and both are having this issue and they don’t have issues in any other game.

PC Specs:
LG34 3440x1440p
AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
ASUS 4090 Strix
EVO 970 M2 SSD
EVGA 1000w

Strange, push attacks works fine for me. Maybe the game doesn’t like your mice for some reason? I use a logitec G203 and haven’t had any problems pushing or push attacking in Darktide or Vermintide 2.

2 Likes

Regardless it’s still clunky that it doesn’t just follow up with a swing after you Block Push.

I haven’t had any issues whatsoever with making block attacks. Hold right click to block, hold left click to attack, I push, then go into the push attack. Works every time.

And the issue that didn’t allow you to chain a light or heavy attack after just a push during the Closed Beta was resolved. I can go straight into a light or heavy attack after just a push just fine these days.

This is probably an individual computer issue, not something that affects everyone. Honestly, it sounds like you have a problem with your right click to block not registering 100% of the time, like there’s a macro going on with it or something.

not experiencing this, the push into follow up is working just like V.tide

1 Like

It might help to add more details, like what weapon(s) are you experiencing this with, because I haven’t had any problems either. I do remember there was a bug with a specific weapon in the CBT which was supposed to be fixed.

Works reliably for me. If I hold it a bit, it just pushes and if I keep holding it push-attacks.

In V2 where it’s the same inputs there is often a reason to push without the follow up. You still count as guarding while pushing but not while doing the follow up attack, so it’s much safer to spam push without follow up when trying to reposition.

I don’t know if it’s the same in DT but I’m assuming it probably is, so I wouldn’t want the follow up attack being automatic after push.

1 Like