When killing something with a critical hit from a Voidstrike with the Blazing Spirit blessing and having Ascendant Blaze, it will not yield any warp charges.
You can see that the visual effect of Soulblaze triggers on the bodies but it seems it is applied post mortem. Weapons with Blazing Spirit should first apply the effect and then the critical hit to the target.
The damage component of Blazing Spirit is extremely low due to how Soulblaze scales and requiring a critical hit to apply, so if generating warp charges with Ascendant Blaze is not a thing for it the blessing provides no real benefit.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Enter the meat grinder as a Psyker.
- Activate only the Ascendant Blaze feat.
- Equip a Voidstrike with Blazing Spirit and Transfer Peril that also has a +5% crit chance perk and +8% elite damage perk.
- Kill hundreds of groaners with a single hit using the secondary attack.
- Observe that even with more than 40 critical hits, you get no warp charges but the bodies have a visual effect applied to them when you crit.
Mission Name (If Applicable):
Works on any level. Easiest to do in the meat grinder because it’s a controlled environment, but I also played a Damnation mission without Psychic Communion and without Kinetic Flayer where I was the only psyker and got like 3 or 4 warp charges in total during the whole run from the enemies that were lit first by the explosion or survived the initial hit.
You would expect to see at least 1 or 2 warp charges if not more per horde wave given how many groaners and pox walker heads you go through on Damnation.
Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone: