Audio Drops Upon Entering Mission Sometimes

Issue Description:
All audio stops playing after the mission loading scene where we are all sitting in the transport and then all 4 players do the little walk cut scene (still has audio at this point). Once this cutscene ends and the level itself loads (we can now move/control the char at this point) the audio is gone. Messing with the audio source and settings is useless. Quitting game and restarting is what I do and usually it works. Its very random. No idea how to tell when its going to hit. It is both frequent but also uncommon that this occurs.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start game>Load char>Choose mission (dunno if different missions affect this)>accept the mission>load level>play cutscene where party walks away from ship to level>Upon mapload the audio is gone

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store/Xbox]

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
N/A

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
maybe…1 in every 5 matches? MAYBE…its kinda random but not rare.

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]
Um…der…not sure how to help you here.

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]
darktide_launcher.log (753.3 KB)

2 Likes

I got this earlier on an auric maelstrom mission.

Audio was cutting out from the game completely for minutes at a time. Would come back for ~30 seconds or some small random interval before going out again. Then it cut out and for 30 minutes I had no game sound, then as we approached the end of the mission it came back and I had full audio for the final event. We finish, load back into morningstar and all seems normal.

No idea what was causing it. The rest of my computer’s audio was working normally during this time.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi!

Sorry to hear you have this issue. You mention that re-starting the mission could solve the issue? do you know if you’re playing the game on a HDD? I’m asking because during the loading of a mission and sometimes in the beginning of a mission we are streaming a lot of textures. This can unfortunately affect the streaming of sounds. We are working on a fix for this where we can prioritise sounds to avoid this behaviour.

When you’re re-starting the mission those audio streams that were silent or missing out are cached now and can be played in time.

//David.