Attention all runts! They fixed all redacted penances!

Now it’s 4 Ogryn instead of 7 for the Heavyweight Champion, knock 60 enemies instead of 70, run like 40 meters, instead of what it was before(I forgot). Life is good!

the run length didn’t change I think, only that it now require a private team.

But yeah all those changes are great.

1 Like

Yeah, that one’s ok. It’s fine, if I just have to set up a team for it. I’ll compromise with it. The fixing the other ones is just mmwah! Chef’s kiss

Haven’t tried it yet, but how are you supposed to get the one where you have to run a certain distance? Just use the movement speed buff or do you have to use the feat that reduces Bull Rush cooldown on elite kills?

1 Like

you need the cooldown reduction and maybe also the help of psykers with their cdr abilities. You have to trigger the improved run twice in the time frame (24m in the improved form).

1 Like

Oh that sounds :nauseated_face:. Glad they changed it, maybe I’ll get around to trying to do it eventually.

Both help a lot, and getting a squad that has similar feats, I believe Psykers also have a -cd feat, so if you pair them all, usr your bull rush once, have your party kill a bunch of elites, let’s say high intensity t4-t5 with maybe STG, and should be easy. Not even needing all that, but you get the gist.

1 Like

It was 6.

The penance is/was very easy.
Move 40m with bullrush in under 20s.

Bullrush has a 30s cooldown and moves you about 12m by default.

Lvl 30 feat Unstoppable doubles your bullrush range to about 25m, so you only need to get off 2 bullrushes in 20s.
Lvl 15 feat Bullfighter reduces bullrush cd by 10% (3s) for each elite killed within coherency.

All you need to do is using bullrush in a location where you can run the full distance.
Get 4-5 elites killed (anyone’s kill counts) within the next 15s and then bullrush again.

1 Like

Why even have them at all now? They’re trivial whereas before it required effort.

After chatting with some random people in a group, it seemed the misinformation was spreading that you had to find 6 ogryns in 1 cluster previously, and almost nobody seemed to bother looking up tips. You could herd them through adjacent areas and line 'em up.
5 would have been a better compromise IMHO.

But that would have required your teammates to help you with that, by not killing them or drawing them away.
I am pretty sure that this is the problem that people had, and why many did not even think of herding them.

Agreed.

It could be done solo with little effort ( I did it a while back), problem is no solo server or self-hosted instances…

You forgot that, now, you need a discord (cause social tools of darktide are bad) and run only private games until you can complete the penance

No, they required luck

I feel like a lot of them were changed from “nearly impossible” to “trivial”, I finally finished all the psyker penances a couple days ago, and looking at the patch changes, I would have been done weeks ago had they been as easy as they are now.

Taking 3 elites with you on a warp explosion? Have to find 3 elites, weaken them enough so that they actually die (but don’t kill any by accident!), Get close enough without dying yourself, and stay there alive long enough to overheat yourself & explode, without any teammate taking any of them out while you try the whole thing, and hope none of them stepped too far away or behind cover by the time you explode.
Took me dozens of missions until I finally got it.

Now? Kill 1 elite with a perils of the warp explosion. Wow.
Everytime a psyker accidentally overheats, the chances of them coincidentally taking an elite with them is not all that unlikely, people are gonna do this penance without even meaning to now.

2 would have been just fine, perfectly doable with effort and good timing.

1 Like

From trivial to kind of really pushing it in regards to breaking the proper flow of a game that pretty much demands cooperative play, and where, unless you’re playing with a team, using comms, it’s not always that simple to get people to even communicate.

In the months I’ve been playing the game, meeting people to play with occasionally when they’re on, is not that difficult either, so there’s little sense to be a fully-solo player, and to encourage actually socializing in-game or Discord, is really not that bad.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.