Agripinaa Mk VIII Braced Autogun Bugged?

A video says 10,000 words, so it’s probably best to just show you the video:

My youtube video description

Basically I suspect that the ADS system was overlooked on this particular weapon, and if it wasn’t an error it should really be reconsidered to have an ADS feature as the Sharpshooter calss.

It doesn’t have “Braced” in the title for no reason. It’s also in the description of the weapon when you inspect it - secondary action is specifically called out as “Braced” and not “ADS” like most other weapons.

You seem to be under the impression that the ability to ADS is linked to your class, which is not the case. You merely start the game as Zealot with a weapon with Brace instead of ADS, the autopistol. This is not a bug and completely intentional.

While we’re on the topic of the braced autoguns, they’re stonking great on the Veteran. High damage, large magazine, and more ammo than you can shake a stick at. One of my favorites, the Agripinaa especially since it’s got good accuracy. There’s also Braced variants of the Columnus and Graia.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I feel that as the sharpshooter, regardless of weather the weapon is classed as “braced” or otherwise, it should be a toggle on a keybind between ADS and “braced”.

It just isn’t that useful for the class given what’s generally expected of sharpshooters during actual gameplay, which generally involved counter-sniper, killing gunners, killing anything with a gun to alleviate pressure on the rest of the group etc.

Otherwise, how is this weapon significantly better in the hands of a sharpshooter than a Zealot? One could argue this would make zealots the master-class due to versatility.

I feel that a “Veteran” soldier would have the wherewithal to determine when sights on a gun that has them is useful, and when they’re not. A simple toggle would just be one of those appreciated features to make an already nerfed class more viable is all.

I disagree, it makes the weapon unique and also gives it advantages and disadvantages. For example, the braced autogun has far, far more ammo than the comparable infantry autogun - if you could ADS with it, that would make it leaps and bounds better than pretty much everything else.

The braced autoguns are perfectly capable of killing specials and elites, Gunners included - you might need to expend a bit more ammo in the process, but you make it back (and then some) through ammo pickups and the Veteran’s Scavenger Hunt perk. The only exception is the Sniper, which as I stated before, gives the braced autoguns unique advantages and disadvantages.

How is any gun better in the hands of a Sharpshooter than a Zealot? Of course, it comes down to your abilities and talents. If a braced autogun doesn’t fit your playstyle, then don’t pick it. I, on the other hand, adore the thing.

I also disagree with the idea that Veteran is a bad class, but leave that to another thread.

I just want the option to use sights if they’re on the gun as the Sharpshooter class.

That would be quite against the entire point of the weapon, plus deceive the user into thinking it’s more accurate than it really is.

In any case, we’re well off-topic now since it’s not a bug.

Using the same logic, what’s the point of modeling sights if you can’t use them? That would deceive the user.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, yes, the trap you fell in to. Reading comprehension needs more prioritization in education these days.

We disagree, there’s no reason for insults.