A little tweak to the chain weapon types

I am not a chain weapon main, but as my experience allows me to judge and by looking at some chain user complains. It seems like shred animation hurts, specially at high difficulties.
So i came up with 2 solutions:

1. Make shred animation simply faster. I personally don’t like that solution since i believe it will lead to abusing a mechanic by someway and delivers less satisfaction from using it.
  2. Passive block during shredding. Same passive block that we get during reviving teammates. I like that solution more bcuz its kinda balanced, u can’t shred while there is a ton of fodder around and the same time block will save from a couple of sneaky hits here and there. Also will probably raise value of such stats as stamina, stamina regen and block efficiency for chain weapon users.

Best suggestion i’ve seen so far was adjust special attack to channeling mode.

1. So person just launching chainsaw special.
  2. Pick your target.
  3. Engage.
  4. Hold light attack on dedicated target.
  5. Shred it until it dead.
  6. Enjoy result.
    That will not solve most of the issues, but it will surely make more impressive.
    Also stack bleeding effect could be more logical after this tweak.

Another issue:
Current special action is uninterruptable. If ability will be tweaked the way i’ve described earlier - special could be interraptable on release LMB or with dodge.

But dev’s don’t care. So psyker kinetic will be forever martyr and chained weapons will be half-baked joke.

Chain weapons 100% need to give either Darksouls like Iframes for the shred animation time.

Or to be closer to Darktides mechanics, make the connecting special ability trigger the
‘‘Terrifying Barrage’’ Blessing, so they get suppressed on a small radius and duck away as long as the animation lasts.

I used the evis a ton and also like chain sword and chain axe on vet.

The biggest problem with chain weapons is honesty they just make your camera jank around.

The special will let go the moment the target dies.

The target almost always dies in one special.

You always need to pick when to use the special since it will get stuck in any high BM target and stun lock it while slowing you down.

It would be bad but the weapon kill everything but ogyrns in 1 special + a few light hits.

You just have to position your self when you got two ragers and bait one to attack move back and then kill the other one.

One thing I would really like is for all hits that involve the chain grinding to stack bleed.