A huge frame drop occurs immediately after the explosion effects

Please be aware that we will monitor all submissions in Performance Feedback, however, we will only respond if additional information is required.

Frame Drop Phenomenon Related Videos

Issue Description:
[Please include your minimum and maximum FPS, and think about when your performance is at it’s worst - is it during any particular event or location? (Please include a screenshot if your issue is location-based)]

minimum FPS : 120
maximum FPS : 180

PC System

CPU : 14700k 5.5GHz
GPU : RTX 4080 SUPER GAMING OC 16G (GV-N408SGAMING OC-16GD) 2875MHz
RAM : ddr5 16GB *2 7200MHz CL34

Attempted Solutions:
[Have you made any changes to your PC or Darktide’s ‘Video’ options in an attempt to improve your performance? Please see our common solutions in the pinned Topic]

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store/Xbox]

[PC] PC Specifications:

—PC

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

Hello, I’ve been enjoying Warhammer 40K: Darktide since about six months ago. Ever since I started playing, I’ve been experiencing unexplained frame drops. These frame drops mainly occur when explosives go off, coinciding with the effects of Ogryn or Veteran’s grenades exploding.

My average frame rate is 180 FPS, but it suddenly drops to around 30 FPS whenever grenades explode. I’ve tried various solutions, both software and hardware, and even upgraded my hardware to almost high-end specs at significant cost, but the issue persists.

Interestingly, lowering the graphics settings to the lowest doesn’t change this. With the graphics at their lowest, the average frame rate can reach up to 480 FPS, but it still drops to around 35 FPS (slightly higher, admittedly) only when grenades explode.

The only slightly improved method was to push my RAM overclocking to the limit. By tuning the latency to 60, I could defend the lowest 0.1% of frames to at least 40 FPS.

Despite my numerous efforts to solve this problem, the results are too minor compared to the effort, which is quite disheartening.

Is there any way to lower the grenade-related (dust effects) options in the game settings, or to prevent this severe frame drop from happening?

Thank you for your continued efforts to improve the game.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.