A few ideas to Improve DT

Completely agree. Problem is the Mobian 6th armour takes a hell of a lot of time to get!

1 Like

I said nothing about resing themselves?

They nees somthing to do. Sitting there watching other people play the game you paid for is bad game design.

That description is nothing like mine. Frankly it sounds like every other horde mode which I’m pretty fed up of.

Thanks for taking time to read my post. Integrating the tabletop game to a classic horde mode hasn’t been done before, I’m surprised its something you’re already fed up with :rofl:.

I only read the quoted part here, I’m lazy!

I don’t play table top but I do know darktide isn’t based on that and instead draws from the lore.

What I am fed up with is staying in one area and holding it. Makes more sense to have a linar mode as thats what darktide already does. I think the version I suggested would be very easy for FS to implement which is why I suggested it. They’re in desprate need of new content so anything they do at least initially needs to be fast.

If your idea is based on tabletop qhy not suggest it in the Battlesector forums?

1 Like

That sounds less like a Horde mode, and more like am Endless/Chais Waste one.

Horde/Survival is really about, big number of enemies crashing upon your defenses.

The problem with this is then people just farm the missions they want over and over again. I like the current mission shuffler.

In the plot and cutscenes of DT we are described as gathering salvage from our fallen. It’s my impression that DT is going with the narrative of “Working with what you got.” I enjoy this. I’ve also discussed various options in the past on these forums about how to make both camps happy.

I don’t think the system could support that.

I like the idea of massive waves, but I don’t know if this game is really designed to do it well. A lot of the stuff we fight through we face head on, but when we get surrounded, things get messy quickly.

It’d have to be extremely gradual difficulties. You’d need to have places to bottleneck that pose certain weaknesses that ought to be covered.

Good ideas tho.

We had more larger horde waves than we do now, but they were chopped up a bit and more elites mixed in after patch 13/the Xbox release.

You also no longer get idle groaner/poxwalker hordes either.

:person_facepalming:

I’ve gone ahead and re-read some of your comments…it seems to me like you just don’t like Horde mode. The core idea is what you’re fed up with. Kinda hard to work around that.

1 Like

His idea is very much just Endless/Chaos Waste, not really Horde mode

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.