1.0.7 Update - Expanded Patch Notes (Balance & Tweaks)

As promised, we’re providing more detail in to the balance and tweaks outlined in the 1.0.7 Patch Notes

Dodge tweak pass to remove kite-ability and edge-case slowdowns

• Removed linger time vs. ranged attacks (was 0.2s extra after dodge finished)
  • Tuned dodge curves to maintain a slower end of curve to disallow chain-dodge move speeds above sprinting (no kiting for you)
  • Limited speed mods to only scale speeds above normal movement speed to ensure low-rolled mobility weapons don’t get stuck in place

Talent balance pass, bleeding, and grenade amounts tuned.

• Tuned bleeds, stacking rules, durations, and damage output increase vs. Resilient and add the full range of stackable DoT functionality.
  • Zealot: Crit bleed talent, increased bleed stacks to 2 (was 1)
  • Zealot: Crit bleed talent, make crit bonus stackable 3 times - up to 30%
  • Zealot: Reduce movement speed on taking damage to 20% (was 30%)
  • Zealot: Increased toughness reduction for “Toughness reduction on crit” talent to 75% (was 50%), and increase duration to 4s (was 3s)
  • Zealot: Increased bonus from “impact on multiple hit” talent to 30% per stack, increased max stacks to 5 for a totalt max bonus of 150%. (was 10% and max 3 stacks).
  • Veteran: increased bleed stacks on a grenade to 8 (was 2) - half of max bleed
  • Veteran: Removed the ability for grenade impact to cause bleed. Only the explosion should cause bleeds.
  • Veteran: Reduce veteran “damage vs. far” talent to 20% (was 25%)
  • Veteran: Increased time for replenishing grenade talent to 60s (was 45s)
  • Veteran: Reduced proc chance for elite kills in coherency gives grenades to 5% (was 8%)
  • Veteran: Increased toughness on killing an enemy in melee with a teammate to 10% (was 4%)
  • Ogryn: Heavy hits cause bleed increased to 4 stacks (was 1)
  • Ogryn: Grenade cluster bomb talent now triggers on Resistant and Armored too
  • Ogryn: Increased number of grenade boxes in inventory to 2.

Pacing

• Tweaked specials pacing speed running values
  • Tuned down some ramping timer modifiers for specials/horde spawns
  • Tuned down the number of cultists spawned slightly
  • Tweaked up trickle horde aggro challenge rating threshold
  • Tuned down ‘HL-16-11 Chasm Station’ Captain spawns

Ranged Minions

• Tweaked attack intensities
  • Tweaked melee combat range switch, scaled more on difficulties
  • Tweaked navigation on renegade assault
  • Tweaked close-range minion attack intensities on toughness break
  • Tweaked enemy ranged falloff damage reduction starting at 15 meters reduced up to 50% after 20 meters

Force Sword

• The ‘push’ charge cost for the Force Sword has been removed, range of push reduced to 3.75m (was 5m).

Bump up for autoguns and autopistols

• Autogun damage increased across ranges about this much: ——x----
  • Autopistol damage increased across ranges about this much: —x—----
  • Autopistol ammo reserve increased to 8x clip size (was 6x)

Ogryn club bumped up

• Made ogryn club more mobile and increased speeds of attack chains overall. Big guy swinging.
  • Fixed issue with broken action chain to Grenade and Ability in attacks
  • Bumped and tuned damages on attacks:
  • Light swings first target damage range from 100-120 to 80-160, second target 80-100 to 60-120
  • Heavy swings first target damage range from 120-150 to 120-240, second target 80-100 to 80-160
  • Light combo-finish first target damage range from 75-150 to 100-250
  • Fixed an issue where Heavy starter (downwards) first target armor mods were using too low values. Set to a proper 100% vs. most things now, as appropriate for a heavy ogryn single-target bonk.

Ogryn shovel bumped up

• Made Ogryn shovel more mobile and increased speeds of attack chains overall. Big guy swinging.
21 Likes
  • Autogun damage increased across ranges about this much: ——x----
  • Autopistol damage increased across ranges about this much: —x—----

I start to dislike this.

But i welcome the buff.

Which also reminds me: Is the retroactive or does this only affect newly rolled weapons?

6 Likes

fiiiine

Autogun

• Increase Autogun damage range from 40-100 to 60-120
  • dmg vs armored near-far mod from 60%-40% to 60%-50%
  • dmg vs berzerker near-far mod from 75%-50% to 100%-80%
  • dmg vs resistant near-far mod from 60%-50% to 100%-80%
  • dmg vs voild shield near-far mod from 60%-50% to 100%-80%

Autopistol

• Increase Autopistol damage range from 30-70 to 40-80
  • dmg vs berzerker near-far mod from 90%-60% to 100%-60%
  • dmg vs resistant near-far mod from 50%-40% to 100%-60%
  • dmg vs voild shield near-far mod from 60%-40% to 100%-60%
22 Likes

Hey really nice! Thanks!

As i edited above: is this retroactive or do we need to buy new guns to be in effect?

1 Like

Didn’t the original patch notes say there were balance changes to the Psyker besides the peril on Force Sword push? Was that just a mistake?

Additional Psyker gameplay adjustments, including removal of a ‘push’ charge cost for the Force Sword”.

1 Like

retroactive bud

4 Likes

Yer spoilin’ me with two grenade boxes sah!

8 Likes

Top notch communication! Thank you very much have a nice day! :100: :star:

1 Like

What’s happening with the new missions that were in the “what to expect from the beta” roadmap?
Also, what about psykers? I feel they’re a bit lacking with their traits and abilities.

4 Likes

new map rotation when?

5 Likes

A very bloody update.

Can we have a glossary for terms e.g enemy types and status effects in the game please. Vermintide players and 40k nerds (like me) can get by without it but it’s a needed QoL if you don’t want new players feeling overwhelmed/clueless.

I hope you plan to have a look at the Revolver and Heavy Stubber because they feel very weak in comparison to other weapon options.

5 Likes

Regarding autopistol. Is the resistant damage meant to be increased while braced?

Summoning @Ratherdone for some of the more nerdy (no disrespect intended, I’m just a bit out of my depth!) questions (and Psyker questions!)

2 Likes

As someone pointed out on the discord, hitting the ‘Sort’ button in the Shop instantly crashed the game.

I don’t know how that happened, but I tried it and straight up crashed the game. Funniest thing ever, but I don’t think many people will have that sense of humor.

2 Likes

Works like a charm.

How many tics and how much damage is a single stack of bleed supposed to do?

Because in the meat grinder, attacking causes a set of 6 tics of damage, yesterday it was 5 tics for a set, and the damage rate seems like it’s set independently per enemy type. Yesterday damage tics were something like 9 for most infantry types, 2 for the armored Ogryn, and 24 for Bulwarks and Reapers. Today it is 1 - 5 damage for infantry guys, 4 for armored Ogryn, and 25 for Bulwarks and Reapers. Attacking them repeatedly increases bleed damage; around 20 - 30 max damage against the smaller guys and specials, 20 max against Armored Ogryns, 160 max against Bulwarks and Reapers.

I don’t get what’s happening or why the damage numbers read the way they do. Is an attack supposed to cause 4 stacks of bleed at once or are you saying those attacks can now stack up to 4 times?

ONE MOOOOORE THING

The Ogryn’s Bull Gore feat is doing exactly 3 tics of bleed for 1 damage (2 on bulwarks/reapers)

1 Like

How long we have to wait fix bug (renamed internal error)?

Summary

U know…some of us WANT TO PLAY THE GAME ALREADY!

Quick thing, when are you trickling toggle to aim in please? Cheers!

1 Like

After some testing with the zealot on the dummies in the meat grinder I don’t think the bleed talent is working . ULT into charged melee doesn’t proc it which should be granteed crit hit doesn’t do any bleed procs

It’s actually more involved than a similar toggle in I’d wager any other FPS game given how we chain inputs, but it is on the to-do list.

3 Likes